AI AX 308 2014 for UK troops

julien

We've had a little frisson of PM and email over-excitement over these photos.

Could everyone take a 'calm down' tablet.

The photos (unblurred -which is something kindly done by one of the mods here) are in the public domain......they're even published 'en clair' in the 'Soldier Magazine' equivalent of the country in question on their governmental website - as well as on their social media channels.

End of excitement please.

ghillie suit inspection every night !?

The blokes wearing what looks to be paraclete light, crye trousers and aku boots all standard issue of units that don’t always have to go though the normal processes to get new equipment and weapons issued so who knows !?

Does look awfully well looked after to have been issued though.

The blokes wearing what looks to be paraclete light, crye trousers and aku boots all standard issue of units that don’t always have to go though the normal processes to get new equipment and weapons issued so who knows !?

Does look awfully well looked after to have been issued though.

I think that it is most unlikely to be 'Them'. Anyone approaching those gents with a camera would most likely find it remodelled as a rectal endoscope. And they certainly wouldn't be giving out their names!

On the other hand, there are one or two units where looking 'ally as' and channelling 'special' are almost part of the job description. I think that's a much more likely explanation.

i think its unlikely that the blokes bought what is very over priced body armour and has got away with wearing it.

having said that i think your most likely right, and “they” never drop ops-sec broccoli !?

Allyness saves lives !

Yep when i did a 1993 sniper concentration down in Thetford (yes long long time ago), ( Ghillie inspection ) as in how good your ghille was i.e. construction, there were some with "some" bits here and there shoulders / head and that was it, i won't mention what regt that was lol

Yep when i did a 1993 sniper concentration down in Thetford (yes long long time ago), ( Ghillie inspection ) as in how good your ghille was i.e. construction, there were some with "some" bits here and there shoulders / head and that was it, i won't mention what regt that was lol

ha ha guards ? yeah fairone when i did mine it was more of a this is how you do it if yours isn’t good you will get seen and fail type affair.

ha ha guards ? yeah fairone when i did mine it was more of a this is how you do it if yours isn’t good you will get seen and fail type affair.

Paras actually mate, 3 of them, we had torrential rain when i was down there on mine, many areas were flooded one 2 man team on the Nav exercise didn't read his map proper and just took a bearing from A to B again Paras didn't realise at bottom of the fields was a river..you can guess what happened next .... lol...any ex or serving paras reading this i have nothing against you boys just a memory shared.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a staged photo shoot, may be just for the rifle ? when i did my snipers course we had ghillie suit inspections every evening, there is no way anyone would get away with what they are wearing.

Yes mate,...staged AI photoshoot. AW was returned on an "upgrade prog supposedly to avoid a re-tender. In effect they just sent back the AX. Its been on issue a while now. Its not been without its problems so far,....

Yes mate,...staged AI photoshoot. AW was returned on an "upgrade prog supposedly to avoid a re-tender. In effect they just sent back the AX. Its been on issue a while now. Its not been without its problems so far,....

Now, only because I know exactly when and where those pics were taken, and framed against your burst of other anomaly-rich 'authorative' AI posts; grateful if -before people listen too hard to your 'facts'- you'd spell out the background to your knowledge of AI systems in UK military service (and related claims) as well as, interestingly, the spares policy of AI's UK and US commercial operation and how, alongside that, you are expert on the technicalities of nitriding, the British Army's supposed 'weapon-painting provider' as well as the supposed nuances of AI's N American commercial operation - a range of knowledge fields that are not normally found as bed-fellows.

Or, if not expert, please couch future speculation in the language of 'speculation' rather than the language of 'fact'. Thanks :)

• 1 month later...

Pfffffft - wot a lot of fuss n bother.

[Admin edit: Yes, what a lot of fuss and bother until one of our UK homegrown terrorists googles the hell out of what you just posted, and turns up on one of their doorsteps with a set of orange coveralls, a carving knife and a video camera. Not everywhere is the arse end of nowhere. Apply some common sense.]

Looks like a staged photo shoot, may be just for the rifle ? when i did my snipers course we had ghillie suit inspections every evening, there is no way anyone would get away with what they are wearing.

They could be Rock Apes :)

Archived