Tikka t3 adjustable

Rammer223

Ok Phoenix

Just hadn't seen one thought might make good option for drone combo adjustable comb would be handy a keep it lite

When i was In local dealer he logged on and nothing listed so thought weren't available yet

I bought the adjustable specifically so I could fit a Drone Pro and get good cheek weld - and to that end it works perfectly.

I normally have the comb up 3 notches and the only slightly annoying thing is that the bolt can't be removed unless the comb is fully down.

Cheers

Bruce

that was my thinking, no regrets with it been sporter barrel and how have you got the drone fitted and are you happy with the fit

thanks lee

If i wanted just the stock how would i go about getting it as i have the T3 lite but would prefer it to have a cheekpiece even better a adjustable one.

that was my thinking, no regrets with it been sporter barrel and how have you got the drone fitted and are you happy with the fit

thanks lee

No regrets about having sporter barrel - other than when I zeroed the Drone (which was a pain because the instructions are crap) I only pull the trigger when there's a fox in the crosshairs.

Re mounting the Drone - I bought a long (8") steel picatinny rail from Alan Rhone and had holes drilled in it and then screwed it onto the T3 receiver.

The rail extends beyond the rear of the action and allows the Drone to be mounted so that the eye relief is correct.

With the comb raised, cheek weld is good so the shooting position is excellent.

The system works very well but it ain't pretty.

Neil McKillop has developed a much neater mount for the Drone onto T3s, M595s and M695s

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/30756-drone-pro-mount/

and I have one on order

Cheers

Bruce

No regrets about having sporter barrel - other than when I zeroed the Drone (which was a pain because the instructions are crap) I only pull the trigger when there's a fox in the crosshairs.

Re mounting the Drone - I bought a long (8") steel picatinny rail from Alan Rhone and had holes drilled in it and then screwed it onto the T3 receiver.

The rail extends beyond the rear of the action and allows the Drone to be mounted so that the eye relief is correct.

With the comb raised, cheek weld is good so the shooting position is excellent.

The system works very well but it ain't pretty.

Neil McKillop has developed a much neater mount for the Drone onto T3s, M595s and M695s

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/30756-drone-pro-mount/

and I have one on order

Cheers

Bruce

cheers bruce let us know how you go with the new mount

thanks lee

just got back from gun shop to get info on t3 adjustable unfortunately the adjustable isn't available in .223 and you cant buy a stock to put an action into that you already have .

That seems madness that it's not available in 223 I suppose I have no chance getting one in 204 then info seem sketchie at best on these my dealer couldn't even get them up when he searched for me then asked on here and pheonex had one since February its got to be available in 223

Lee

According tom the Tikka website http://www.tikka.fi/rifles

The lite adjustable is manufactured in 223 (both barrel twists)

It may be that GMK are not importing them (it's not listed on the GMK website)

But I find it hard to believe that they are selling it in 243 and not in 223 - try another RFD and see what they say.

Cheers

Bruce

I was interested in getting it in .223 as I have just had a variation on my fac for this calibre it

would have made a nice fox rifle as I was thinking of going over to night vision when money is there.

it would have saved me some cash rather than buying a rifle and then changing the stock but given the popularity of .223 I think they may still bring one out as it is too good an opportunity to miss.

if not listed on GMK website would anyone else be able to get one? we know you have one bruce but I am struggling at the mo what calibre did you opt for

lee

Cheers

Bruce

Archived