Khales scope

maltbuck

I am looking at purchasing the Khales K 1050 10-50x56, (not the FT version), and just wondering how they stack up against the the usual suspects from March, Nightforce etc. I realise the reticle is a little limited, probably currently favouring the double dot version.

I know the 6-24 version gets good feedback, but just wondering on the higher mag version and if anyone has actual hands on experience.

Thank you in advance.

ATB,

Maltbuck

Ref reticles, the US catalogue lists one extra reticle, the MOAK in their lineup for the 10-50. If you like it it might be worth checking if the UK importers too can get this ret. I am intending on doing so in the not too distant future.

Great scope from looking through one at the IWA, was trying to get one for the Irish team to test however the guy at Kahles I was dealing with was all words....

A good friend of mine was involved in pushing Kahles to make this scope and he also received the first prototype. His wife won some German nationals with it right away.

Seems to be a good compromise between weight and excellent optics.

I only have the K624i so far and am very happy with it.

edi

Ref reticles, the US catalogue lists one extra reticle, the MOAK in their lineup for the 10-50. If you like it it might be worth checking if the UK importers too can get this ret. I am intending on doing so in the not too distant future.

I have a 624i with the MOAK reticle which I bought from Swillingtons, I see no reason why 1050 can't be ordered with it.

My scope was a special order and took about 4-5 months to come in, although he did say they would try and keep them in stock

Noted, although the UK catalogue only shows a fine crosshair or double dot for the 10-50 whereas the US catalogue shows those two aforementioned plus the MOAK. Possibly the UK catalogue is just in need of an update and hopefully it won't be a hassle to acquire one. :)

I am dying to look through one of the 624i, haven't decided on which ret, but I also can't decide between the Razor Gen 2. Lol. Ummmm spoilt for choice is the phrase I'm looking for.

HELP.....

James

I have recently got hold of a 624i with MOAK ret. I'm loving it so far, but have not had a chance to stretch its legs yet (thanks Landmarc!!). For my eyes, they have got the illumination just right.

Sorry - no info on the 10-50x56, though.

I am dying to look through one of the 624i, haven't decided on which ret, but I also can't decide between the Razor Gen 2. Lol. Ummmm spoilt for choice is the phrase I'm looking for.

HELP.....

James

The MSR reticle is very nice with a very small floating dot which I think the MOAK also has. The thin crosshair lines subtend 4mm at 100 metres, so around 4cm at 1000 metres. The literature doesnt give a dot size for the dot on the MSR but to my eyes it appears even thinner than the crosshair lines. It also has the inverted "L" on the left graduated in 0.1 mil increments which I find handy for reading and applying corrections precisely and saving ammo zeroing.

Just took this pic, (doesnt represent actual clarity at all, taken through a window with my phone camera on a hazy day with mirage!) but shows the reticle nicely. Last week I was shooting paper at 480m and was able to spot my .260 holes through the scope and make wind corrections.

Sheep are 745 metres away. The dot is easily capable of quartering a rabbits head at 1000m if conditions allow. (And, no I dont attempt to shoot rabbits at 1000m!!)

IMG_20150830_140610_zpshpifkmx7.jpg

That's a great pic thank you, I have heard good things about the rets. I couldn't decide between yours MSR or the SKMR ret. that also has open centre which I like I seem to find my eyes are drawn to it for some reason. Probably designed that way. I am going to look at some MEOPTA scopes tonight for my father in law. Just don't like any of their rets.

I currently shoot using MOA but could train myself to MiL, I do like the look of the MOAK ret also. Which part of that ret illuminates farmer please? I would vary rarely need it mainly in stalking situations as I am looking for an all rounder paper in comps to say two hundred then steel and plinking out to a 1000, with my .260 I like the design of the EBR 2 rets on the vortex stuff. Open centre simple Xmas tree. Just can't decide and it's a huge investment for me it takes me a long time to save this kind of money up.

Thanks for advice.

CZV

On the MOAK the whole of the "small" part of the reticle lights up.

Have to say despite going against current trend just to illuminate the centre dot, it seems like the most useable illumination I have come across - useable in dull daylight, and is actually quite clear (no fuzz-out for my eyes, which are past their best).

IMG_20150831_164545_zpsbunufxwr.jpg

Just the centre cross and dot. (Just drawn on freehand to show you obviously! )

Your reticle is different to mine then, I have just checked mine and the whole of the hashed part of the reticle definitely lights up.

Mine is the ffp model.

Archived