Priming tools

dully1963

I used a Lee Auto exclusively for large and small primers for over thirty years.The handle eventually broke-it's pretty cheap stuff.It was as easy and not much more to just replace the whole primer-price had near doubled to £20,but I got two...saves changing small/large(and lasts longer-don't know -still ok twenty years on (each of course used only 1/2 the time). Nice feel to them-both in comfort of use,and crucially,in seating the primer. Quite fast,too. Plasic,of course...but how is that affecting the function-just price!

Have two Sinclair single feed primers,very well made,adjust,slow,but excellent seating feel (less sure about the rather squared handle)-nice,but £100+

Auto prime arms on several (turret) presses-poor feel,slow to set up,and refil....never use.Lee is just more convenient.

If I had to have just one,it would probably be the Lee Auto ( well a couple-then have spare,if/when...).Lee is the sensible start,cheap and works well. You can always 'upgrade'-or rather spend a lot more,and still have a reliable back up in the Lee. You probably need nothing else/bettter-but the Sinclair etc may have a 'feel good' quality factor-ie you feel you've used the best.....good luck with the group measuring on that improvement!

"You pays your money..." but I doubt that the Lee is inferior as a primer seater for most shooters...

gbal

Hi

Thanks for the reply's , Had my old lee for some 30+ years but it seems things have not moved on much in the primer seating department so I think it will be another Lee and if I get another 20 to 30 years from one well I think that will do me

cheer's

Andy

(dully1963) :)

Archived