Tikka T3 - info please?

terryh

Gents,

Have a couple of questions related to the current Tikka T3 rifle and its variants.

Am I right in thinking there is just one action length and the different length brass/cartridge is adjusted by the bolt stop?

If 'yes' then how is the difference dealt with in the magazines? I've a 6.5x55 T3 which occupies the whole magazine length - do they put a 'packer' into the same mag for sohrter cartridges?

Following on from the above, if a stock i.e. GRS, is inletted for a 'T3' then all T3's, regardless of cartridge, will fit into it?

Sorry if this all sounds a bit 'dog brain' but just trying to sort some things out.

Cheers in advance.

Terry

Pretty much an accurate reflection of the T3

Ive built numerous sporters and "tactical" rifles using this action, all have been tac drivers.

Yes they may be a budget "compromise" action, but they sure work well - even more so now there is a healthy aftermarket availability of "custom" parts.

Ronin,

Seen nice triggers, bolt shrouds, bolt handles - just need 10 round magazines like the Lucky 13 versions -unless anyone knows of others for a 6.5x55 Swede?

T

Pretty much an accurate reflection of the T3

Ive built numerous sporters and "tactical" rifles using this action, all have been tac drivers.

Yes they may be a budget "compromise" action, but they sure work well - even more so now there is a healthy aftermarket availability of "custom" parts.

Pretty accurate report, but why would you say it is a round bottom action? It isn't.

I got 270's and 30-06's to work well in T3's with 300WM AI type mags, however the mag must be slightly trimmed and

it is a bit fiddly. 308 sized AICS mags work really well. T3 is getting a good amount of aftermarket parts from triggers to firing pin 3 pos safety and alu bottom metals, including alu bottom metal for the original T3 plastic mags. We are getting very good reports back about all 308 T3's shooting extremely well, some 1/8 223's can be tricky.

Recoil Lugs,. Doesn't the TRG use a steel recoil lug? I've seen some very dented T3 alu lugs and we replace them with a steel version.

edi

Archived