6mmBR full custom jewel trigger mcmillan A5 etc

Hi Guys

selling my 6mm BR Built by Neil mckillop(Dasherman)

Lawton stainless fluted bolt multi shot action with single shot follower fitted(not bonded in!)

27" Pacnor super match 1-8 twist with .75 freebore threaded 5/8 with cap

All the metal work has been vapour blasted to a gentle sheen & looks awesome.

Adjustable cheek McMillan A5 fully pillar bedded again by Neil

The bolt has a had a scaled down tactical bolt handle fitted & vapour blasted(again by Neil)

Jewel Trigger set at 1lb

Has a 3rd eye rail which has a couple of extra slots in it to allow for the night sight to be mounted further back!

It started life as a 243AI with a 1-12twist but wanted a do all rifle for long range so this was borne

I went with the shorted then normal freebore for a 1-8 twist as I wanted to shoot the 55g noslers as well as the 105g Amax & I was trying to limit the jump whilst still having the bearing surface of the 105g Amax past the neck shoulder junction!

I have to say it was a great success as it shoots both bullets very very well!

I get around 3700fps with the 55g nosler for foxing

and around 2840fps with the 105g amax for long range work!

both shoot bug holes and has been witnessed by several members of this forum!

I have the multi shot follower and mag inserts in stainless to be included in sale.

£2000 collected could post to your rfd looks like the day I picked it up from being built!

£3500 with 6-24x56 ziess victory (Double turrets )and warne QD mounts

it has had 264 55g nosler BT through it

20 65g vmax

20 70g Bkings

400 amax on the dot for a total of 704 rnds total

can be test fired inspected etc

NO silly offers please chaps

other items in photo not included although I could probable throw in a torch!:-P

2014-03-07125514.jpg

IMAGE_438.jpg

Why do you tie the barrel to the grass?? Surely can't recoil that much!!

That is a joke I take it ??

The thread will be for wind direction

Gaz

Lol

Why sell probaly the most accurate rifle calibre there is . personally I wouldn't.ive tried several different calibres but not the 6mm br.the more I shoot my 308 the more I love it.i had a 3 shot group the other day on a clean barrel.0.413 outside to outside.- .308 = .105 group.how can I sell a rifle when it does that.think carefully mate.you nay regret it.atb swaro

Why sell probaly the most accurate rifle calibre there is . personally I wouldn't.ive tried several different calibres but not the 6mm br.the more I shoot my 308 the more I love it.i had a 3 shot group the other day on a clean barrel.0.413 outside to outside.- .308 = .105 group.how can I sell a rifle when it does that.think carefully mate.you nay regret it.atb swaro

Im building another BR in a lighter frock!:-)

The frock looks just fine to me mate.cut 4 inches off the barrel

Yep that's just what I did to one of mine recently Andy,,,,4 inches gone,,,don't miss it,,,,,,,won,t be for sale again,,,,,,,,ATB with your sale and new project though,,,regds ,,,,O

What weight is the rifle with scope and bipod fitted? the shooting bench it's resting on, is it portable able to be carried by one person? If so any chance of a few snaps, I'm going to build one and am looking for inspiration. Thanks. JP.

What weight is the rifle with scope and bipod fitted? the shooting bench it's resting on, is it portable able to be carried by one person? If so any chance of a few snaps, I'm going to build one and am looking for inspiration. Thanks. JP.

Ill bung it on the scales tomorrow for you buddy!

I can move it about no problem from truck to deployment:-)

Woks really well although it does look a bit rougher now as I was to slack to bring it indoors this winter!

cheers Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday bump

re zeroed my replacement drone on this rifle & checked my load over the chrono as had a new batch of powder and its getting over 3900fps with my fox load and 55g noslers

awesome foxer and long range rifle!

Archived