bolt knob

benny243

Afternoon all!

Im after some advice regarding a new bolt knob, I had for many years a tikka m55 with a handy sized ball on the bolt which made cycling much easier and felt better in the hand.

I've been meaning to get one for my rem700 but never got around to it i now hear you can buy one that you fit yourself which seems much easier than sending the bolt away, my bolt does seem quite close to the scope (nightforce) has anyone fitted one of the self fitting ones to a rem 700 with a nightforce and does it clear the scope?

Many thanks ben

Yes I have two fitted to rem 700s and they clear the scope ok. Just squirt some Wd40 into the hole before pushing them on. Haven't tried taking one off yet!

Afternoon all!

Im after some advice regarding a new bolt knob, I had for many years a tikka m55 with a handy sized ball on the bolt which made cycling much easier and felt better in the hand.

I've been meaning to get one for my rem700 but never got around to it i now hear you can buy one that you fit yourself which seems much easier than sending the bolt away, my bolt does seem quite close to the scope (nightforce) has anyone fitted one of the self fitting ones to a rem 700 with a nightforce and does it clear the scope?

Many thanks ben

Yes i did this on a remmy with a NXS on , you need at least a tap and dye set , a bench grinder if possible , water pot to dip bolt in to cool whilst grinding to desired size - OR the silver soldered bolthandle will come apart from bolt body , patience and knowing how too ! Ok it took me like 2 hours to carefully do it but i did it so can you !

I got a Badger tactical bolt knob fitted to my Rem 700 by my gunsmith.

There are several gunsmiths (Baldie, Dasherman) as well as Redmist and Alycidon that offer this service.

I didn't want to cock it up myself.

Just my opinion but the KRG solution looks none too pleasing to the eye if you know what I mean....

Archived