Sierra TMK ballistic dope.

DW58

Herewith definitive ballistic info for the new Sierra TMKs from Brian Litz via FaceySpaceyBook

efa1a6742a733325e139d39c18f20414.jpg

Didn't realize they were doing .224 tmks . I bet no 20s? God damn it lol.

I use a G7 of .243 for the hollow tip 175 SMK so a 10% improvement.....

Have stocks hit the UK ?

Tony

Yes, but in small numbers. I got 500 .308 155gr and 100 .224 77gr TMKs from HPS early last month. They hadn't been able to get many as they're in such demand Stateside. Not sure who else has/had them in the UK.

I'm very plesed with the .308 155s, my son hasn't shot any of the 77gr .224s as yet.

Yes, but in small numbers. I got 500 .308 155gr and 100 .224 77gr TMKs from HPS early last month. They hadn't been able to get many as they're in such demand Stateside. Not sure who else has/had them in the UK.

I'm very plesed with the .308 155s, my son hasn't shot any of the 77gr .224s as yet.

I have 500 77 TMK's but wouldn't spend a penny with HPS

Bobbing Rastards seems to rhyme

Funny how putting a ballistic tip on the end gives them that extra bc, you would think the join line between the two near the tip of the bullet would cause extra drag, maybe then the hollow point slows it down more than the sharp point and the join.thinking out loud.

Are these coming out in other cals other than 224 & .30 ? 6mm would be great

Funny how putting a ballistic tip on the end gives them that extra bc, you would think the join line between the two near the tip of the bullet would cause extra drag, maybe then the hollow point slows it down more than the sharp point and the join.thinking out loud.

The Sierra TMKs are not simply an SMK with what you call a Ballistic Tip - they are completely new bullets. You're viewing this with an over-simplistic approach.

Are these coming out in other cals other than 224 & .30 ? 6mm would be great

I guess we're going to have to wait and see on that, but my guess would be that Sierra will produce other calibres of TMK if the .224s & .308s are a success. From my own experience I think they're excellent.

The present problem is that even in the USA supplies of TMKs are difficult at present - Brian Litz hasn't been able to test all if the current list as he simply can't lay his hands on them.

In Sierra Speak:

In addition to the plastic tip (which reduces drag,giving better BC),some of these TMK bullets have slightly modified shapes compared to SMKs of like caliber/weight.

The plastic point on the tip is smaller than the meplet on the SMKs, and the ogive on most TMKs have been changed too,and most of the BC gains are from these reshaped ogives of the legacy SMK bullets.

In concentrating on the popular bullets in 224 and 308,there are no plans for 6,6.5,7mm bullets.

gbal

Archived