CZ military comp

ds1

Last week was the annual CZ international military sniper comp. Over the last 5 years or so it has grown and developed into a very well organised comp. This time for 4 days.

International representation came from GB, Slovinia, France, Germany and Finnland....maybe more countries. I did my best to piss the Finns off by wearing Russian camo.....In all 68 competitors (34 teams).

Events were quite physical, half day ghillie crawls, running 400m with a 10kg sand bag and a 100m tunnel crawl (someone got stuck :) ). Shooting from 50m to 600m, known and ukd. Food was army canteen and accommodation in army tents on site.

Hope a couple of the UK lads who came will chime in........sorry I did not take any pics but will see if I get any sent to post.

About 90 % of competitors were military plus about 5% police and 5% special invites, the Brits fell into the last category. The event was hosted by the Czech Army 7th Mechanized Brigade, awards were presented by the Minister of the Interior :unsure: .

I was lucky you enough to be able to compete and the would echo ds1's comments, what a great event.

I learned a huge amount about myself and my shooting and hope to be invited back. Most of the cuts have healed over and the bruises are fading but I have some great memories - apart from the last night which is very vague for some reason!

As for that bloody tunnel, anyone over 6'6" need not apply....

Tony

Last week was the annual CZ international military sniper comp. Over the last 5 years or so it has grown and developed into a very well organised comp. This time for 4 days.

International representation came from GB, Slovinia, France, Germany and Finnland....maybe more countries. I did my best to piss the Finns off by wearing Russian camo.....In all 68 competitors (34 teams).

Events were quite physical, half day ghillie crawls, running 400m with a 10kg sand bag and a 100m tunnel crawl (someone got stuck :) ). Shooting from 50m to 600m, known and ukd. Food was army canteen and accommodation in army tents on site.

Hope a couple of the UK lads who came will chime in........sorry I did not take any pics but will see if I get any sent to post.

You got a link showing the event?

I was lucky you enough to be able to compete and the would echo ds1's comments, what a great event.

I learned a huge amount about myself and my shooting and hope to be invited back. Most of the cuts have healed over and the bruises are fading but I have some great memories - apart from the last night which is very vague for some reason!

As for that bloody tunnel, anyone over 6'6" need not apply....

Tony

So you made this one :D :D :D

There have been quite a lot of photos on FaceySpaceyBook over the past week, some were posted by Accuracy International among others. The environment looked very sandy, a couple of Finns of my acquintance said they shook enough gear out of their kit on their return home to create their own beach.

Looked like a great event.

sandy....very and to contradict urban myth the DTA mags worked fine and the AI mags in at least my AWP which I loaned and an AI AXMC sucked with the sand.

In truth there is a much more physical mil comp this week, but being a lazy b*stard I passed on it amongst other reasons.

There have been quite a lot of photos on FaceySpaceyBook over the past week, some were posted by Accuracy International among others. The environment looked very sandy, a couple of Finns of my acquintance said they shook enough gear out of their kit on their return home to create their own beach.

Looked like a great event.

The two Finns were good lads, hope to get to shoot with them again. They may be the most talkative Finns I have ever met :-). One of them sent me some photos this morning but I have not had chance to go through them yet.

Love to attend and participate again, missed out for a few years due to other things getting in the way.

Those barriers removed now so 2016 is a possible (if invited)

Cheers David

It never ceases to impress on me no matter how many times I participate in the CZ comps how much fun they are and how welcoming and friendly the people are who organise and participate.

• 4 weeks later...

The two Finns were good lads, hope to get to shoot with them again. They may be the most talkative Finns I have ever met :-). One of them sent me some photos this morning but I have not had chance to go through them yet.

Thanks TC, it was also pleasure to meet. My friend is pretty talkative, but its never boring travel with him.

Hope we get another change to shoot together, you should come and take part to our competitions like Finnsniper and Häyhä.

Thanks TC, it was also pleasure to meet. My friend is pretty talkative, but its never boring travel with him.

Hope we get another change to shoot together, you should come and take part to our competitions like Finnsniper and Häyhä.

At least he does not speak Slovenian :D

Finnsniper sounds fun, let's chat!

Tony

Archived