Rifle Socks

furrybean

These are what I use. Relatively inexpensive and treated with silicone lubricant. They won't attract moisture as long as you prevent your safe from forming a dew point. There was a thread about that not so long ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remington-Silicone-Treated-Gun-Sock-52-Rifle-Shotgun-Shooting-Oil-Air-Bag-Slip-/381116506333?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58bc5060dd

These are what I use. Relatively inexpensive and treated with silicone lubricant. They won't attract moisture as long as you prevent your safe from forming a dew point. There was a thread about that not so long ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remington-Silicone-Treated-Gun-Sock-52-Rifle-Shotgun-Shooting-Oil-Air-Bag-Slip-/381116506333?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58bc5060dd

Cheers

Are they big enough for a large scope and rifle?

I would say so, as they have quite a bit of stretch, but it would depend on the height of the stock. For example, they are probably too small for an AICS plus 5-25 PMII. For the bigger stuff there is another brand, 'Bore Stores' which come in a range of sizes. But they are a bit more expensive. I think that March UK stock these.

I would say so, as they have quite a bit of stretch, but it would depend on the height of the stock. For example, they are probably too small for an AICS plus 5-25 PMII. For the bigger stuff there is another brand, 'Bore Stores' which come in a range of sizes. But they are a bit more expensive. I think that March UK stock these.

Just ordered a bore store, see what it's like but looks like what I'm after.

I will. I looked online and they are a quarter of the price in the US.

Such is life!

Can you show a link as I'm off to the US soon, seen them at just over 1/2 price size for size but never less than $10?

The stretchy ones are OK, but personally I'd not want to use them on a regular basis, if planning to use as a permanent method of storage on a used rifle then IMHO the Bore Stores are better.

T

Let us know what you think of it when it arrives.

Very impressed with the bore store. Loads of room and great for peace of mind putting the rifles in and out of the cabinet.

I left the rifle in it when I put it in the drag bag for the range too

Archived