Diggle Egg Shoot - May25th

The Gun Pimp

I were bloody hopeless varminting last evening, not convinced my 6.5 06 isn't shot out,little or no wind, furthest shot 370yds, need to check the weekend, is there any tell tell signs, it lost around 100fps, ive upped by 3grs to get velocity up again, accuracy was sub 0.5 when I retested upped loads

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Vince, I just remembered it isn't a 1/4" gun so I will have no chance at all :)

Well,' neo-random' has done it in the past,so there is always a chance (chance being the word),and some 1/4 inchers have missed...

Mauser is just german for 'mouse gun' and real men can do anything with one of those,mark his words! :-)

Sorry Vince, I just remembered it isn't a 1/4" gun so I will have no chance at all :)

Well, just to give you a chance, I'm leaving the 22 Dasher in the cabinet and shooting my 6.5x47 tactical rig off a Harris. Never shot it beyond 100 yards - honest.

Talking bi-pods - after reading about the Chinese Atlas bi-pods on Ebay, I ordered one. £35!! Arrived within a week - amazing bit of kit. Temped to use it for the Egg but it might collapse on me!

Well, just to give you a chance, I'm leaving the 22 Dasher in the cabinet and shooting my 6.5x47 tactical rig off a Harris. Never shot it beyond 100 yards - honest.

Talking bi-pods - after reading about the Chinese Atlas bi-pods on Ebay, I ordered one. £35!! Arrived within a week - amazing bit of kit. Temped to use it for the Egg but it might collapse on me!

Go on Vince use the Chinese bi-pod, if it goes wrong you will just get Egg on your face!!!! Oooooooooh!!!!! Ok ok, I am just putting my coat on and leaving the building!!

Go on Vince use the Chinese bi-pod, if it goes wrong you will just get Egg on your face!!!! Oooooooooh!!!!! Ok ok, I am just putting my coat on and leaving the building!!

Actually, that's a rather good one Les! :)

I understand congratulations are in order to MJR......

Well Done Mike :D

Using his own built 243 as well. :)

It was a good days fun and thanks to Vince for organising and running the competition. Plus well done to Triggersqueezer for hitting the egg. It was also a pleasure to see two youngsters shoot the comp. One of which was Bruce Lenton's daughter shooting a .223 Savage I believe. And also a young man of about 12/13 who got the smallest group at 500yds at around 1.5 inches.

Well done to both youngsters great for them to have ago and well done to trigger did you stay over Sunday night trig and well done to MJR.

Thanks to all for a great comp as ever, yes my daughter shot the whole comp and loved it.

Thanks to everyone for making her feel welcome, she is mad keen to come back again for more.

We are just forming a 'Junior Rascals' squad at Diggle. Edgar Bros will be supplying Savage singe-shot rimfire rifles. We already have around 10 youngsters signed up.

Does that include Gary W? The 'rascal' bit certainly applies. :)

Swaro, there is usually a report on the shoot,here or Target Sports. Why not invest in half a dozen and start in "no wind" ,work up to "blow wind" . At 500yards its easy for those all day,every day wonder rifles ,but most won't be breakfasting on scrambled egg every morning. Diggle is seldom wind free.One clue is one egg hit from probably 30 plus shooters,many accomplished and with excellent kit,and three 'sighters' (maybe-another clue) on the ground hog target Good luck

g

Another great egg shoot and thanks to all who organised and ran the day. Congratulations to Mike for hitting the egg and as other have said it was great to see the youngsters out having a go and enjoying themselves.

Well done to Diggle for setting up a 'junior rascals' that's an excellent idea.

Somethings rotten in Denmark!

All those race guns built by the countrys top smiths got whipped by a left handed, home made .243 built on an old tikka action. What is the world coming to?

Archived