Shooting Personal Goals

1967spud

After much deliberation and contemplation just lately I have come up with 5 personal goals i need/want to obtain before my time has come.

1 - Shoot the "Super Shoot" in the USA at least once, whether i come last or not!!!

2 - Represent my country in my chosen discipline.

3 - Shoot a group shooting "screamer" which equates to a group size of .100" or less @ 100 yards or .250" @ 200 yards with 5 shots. (measured center to center)

4 - Try my hardest to wear out all my guns and barrels!!

5 - To keep pulling the trigger as long as I can.

What are yours.

1. Shoot a pig

2. Shoot a wild boar

3. Shoot a warthog (scrap that, shoot many warthogs, AGAIN!)

4. Shoot a jackal

5. Shoot all my guns out and be buried with some of them

All that and go to Africa as many times as I can between now and when I'm confined in a wheelchair at the home for the bewildered....

I,ve done most things shooting, I wanted to. Broke 3 British records, and shot for England several times. Now I get the greatest pleasure from simply shooting CSR with friends.

My one wish, before I shuffle off though...is to fire an MG42.

One day.....

I think I've achieved all mine.

Won everything I wanted to win

Shot everything I wanted to shoot

Built everything I wanted to build

Now I just do it for fun.

In all honesty, I think the best thing I've done is telling my employers 3 years ago that I couldn't work for them any more and to basically go and f**k themselves.

That came on the back of losing my Mum and figuring out that whatever I wanted in life, I had to go and get myself.

Since then it's been a roller coaster ride wondering if I'd done the right thing after being PAYE since a 16 year old, but recently it's all been put into perspective and is the best move I ever made.

Shooting is my life. Due to an eye problem I will never shoot as well as I did a few years ago, but when I see the numbers attending our matches....I don't care anymore

Life is good.

The only thing I haven't shot is a Minigun....and that's doable.

Dave, I know someone with an MG42 :lol:

1. Shoot a Solothurn S18/1000 preferably at a tank.

2. Win a competition where the other competitors are way better than me.

3. Shoot a perfect round of 50 sporting clays.

4. Shoot all of the Compare the Meerkat, Meerkats in the head with a 220gn subsonic 300BLK (4 to go).

5. Shoot a 10.9 at 10m air pistol, just 1, that's all.

I,ve done most things shooting, I wanted to. Broke 3 British records, and shot for England several times. Now I get the greatest pleasure from simply shooting CSR with friends.

My one wish, before I shuffle off though...is to fire an MG42.

One day.....

Take a trip to one of these shoots. http://www.knobcreekrange.com/next-machine-gun-shoot-dates Some of the videos are amazing. I took some photos of some of the kit, but the one I remember most vividly was a Russian version of a Bren Gun in 12.7mm on a pair of skis. The multi barrel Browning rigs were impressive too.

Regards

JCS

Have I ever told you what a handsome chap you are ? :D

Bugger........it involves a plane doesn't it ? :wacko:

Been there Dave,,,in a plane strapped to a seat in a thunderstorm over the Alps,,,hail,,lightning,,Unbelievable turbulence,,,,,,,its a control thing,,,,no problem doing flat out on a Busa or ZZR and kissing tarmac on roundabouts but a plane,,,,,,,,,,nooooooooooo

Archived