LEM Case Cleaner

walkabout

When it comes to shooting I am a proper tight arse.

But part of my reloading is swagging my own bullets.

22lr into jackets then on to 6mm

Or 17hmr/22wmr into 6.5 and 30 cal.

Now I have the tumble thing. Actuly I have a cheap harbour freight job.

But I have to say clean brass is essential to start the swagging process.

The LEM looks like it could save a bunch of time.

But £345! I would have to see how the brass really looks like before I spent that kind of money.

Is there any chance there is some one near the south that has one I could come and have a look at?

It looks very good though.

The idea of a clean, then a derim, then another clean and a anneal done before the first lot comes out of the tumbler. Is a great prospect.

I'm tempted, I had a Thumblers but have been using a Rebel Extreme for almost 2 years (thanks Jon!), it does the job very well but I think one of the roller bearings is starting to go as it's getting a bit noisy.

Looking round I came across the Frankford Arsenal version which is only $163 (£108), it has a much larger capacity so I'm thinking of bringing one back when we go over to the US later this year.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HTN4R6O?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_2&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Got the LEM a few days after watching You Tube. I have always tumbled my brass back to the pistol days. Cleaning usually shows up any splits and damage and the Glock seemed to like it. At first I thought water and powder don't go well together, how to dry the case was a concern. I found the old green Nato 7.62 50 rnd trays worked well as they drain through and stood on a radiator has them dry over night. My LEM is used most days and now my brass is clean in about 30 mins.

When it comes to shooting I am a proper tight arse.

But part of my reloading is swagging my own bullets.

22lr into jackets then on to 6mm

Or 17hmr/22wmr into 6.5 and 30 cal.

Now I have the tumble thing. Actuly I have a cheap harbour freight job.

But I have to say clean brass is essential to start the swagging process.

The LEM looks like it could save a bunch of time.

But £345! I would have to see how the brass really looks like before I spent that kind of money.

Is there any chance there is some one near the south that has one I could come and have a look at?

It looks very good though.

The idea of a clean, then a derim, then another clean and a anneal done before the first lot comes out of the tumbler. Is a great prospect.

I too have the cheap Harbour Freight jobby, works for me, I'm not shooting off buckets of brass, & I can source the belts at the local hoover mechanic shop.

Now with a bit of time, some sheet ally, a motor, a couple of scrap hard discs (for the seriously powerful magnets), thin iron wire, a pair of cutters and an empty 2.5 litre polythene emulsion paint can, who knows what might emerge................ :o

H/man

Archived