As it says above...anyone going? My shooting buddy and myself are there , friday, saturday and sunday. There is much ale and curry planned..... :huh:

I was going again, but since they have banned rifles over 4,500J for the meeting my .300 RUM is out. I can use it on any farmland, but not at the National Shooting Centre, how daft is that!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

This was my first visit, and to say i was in awe, would be an understatement.Bisley, is a place, i would guess, you either love, or hate, due to it being in a time warp. I absolutely loved it......every square inch of the place.

We got there friday dinnertime, and wandered rounded....drooling. :) Then it was down onto short siberia for the mcqueens.Its different to diggle, in that the castles are thinner, so you can use higher mag, and you can also use a rear bag, again something we weren,t used to.It also uses the politically correct version of the old huns head, but it has a 1" ghost v-bull.

First run down gave me a 55 with 6 v bulls[ex 60] and there were two 57,s already in, so i had another go, and dropped to a 51.The wind was getting up, so we left it at that, and i stayed in third place, right up to sunday, when i finally got pushed down to fifth....not bad out of 99 shooters.

Saturday morning saw us on the 400 yard point at 8 o clock on century range, for the "f" class international.It was lovely to see roebucks getting up out of the grass, further down the range, as they were disturbed.

400 yards saw me shoot 8 v-bulls, and 2 bulls.

500 yards saw me shoot exactly the same. Then we moved back to 600 yards, and my buddy and i, to shoot last on the detail. The rco was hurrying us along as the entire detail was running way late, so i rattled the 10 rounds off.

It gave me 9 v-bulls, and one bull :blush:

The final tally was 5 points short of the competion record, and gave me first place, and the gold.

I couldn,t believe it, and still cant, we only entered for a laugh. The good old 6.5x47 strikes again.

Bisley has captivated me, and we will be down for the imperial and trafalgar later in the year.

In light of the proffessional way its run, i will also be joining the NRA...something i swore i would never do.

A very big thank you indeed to all the range staff, RCO,s and butts crews, who made the weekend so spectacular.

sorry there are no pics, i didn,t have a camera pass.

Baldie, first off....bloody well done with the F class win.

Your right Bisley is in a time warp and it is one of the few UK places I miss. I miss kipping in my mates tipi and eating bison burgers (the Cornish are a strange lot). In truth some of my most enjoyable days on a range have been at Bisley....a special place.

David.

Well done that man

You never mentioned it on Monday!!! :):blush:;):)

Baldie, first off....bloody well done with the F class win.

Your right Bisley is in a time warp and it is one of the few UK places I miss. I miss kipping in my mates tipi and eating bison burgers (the Cornish are a strange lot). In truth some of my most enjoyable days on a range have been at Bisley....a special place.

David.

Which Cornish would that be pard??

Well done Dave, great shooting buddy.

If you were in awe of the place now you should have seen it in the hayday of the Pistol AD meets, now that was something else!!!

The largest pistol shooting meeting in the world, i used to go every year from friday to monday and meet up with the same buddies each time.

I dont go now, went to a few Phoenix meetings but it was just not the same, the trade show had shrank to a mere fraction of what it used to be and at the early phoenix meetings i was not interested in shooting any comps

The final straw was when the NRA and NSRA decided to hi-jack the meeting and have their open days at the same time.

Ian.

That will explain it then...... that's the guys that use full bore rifles on a 25m range :lol:

Me thinks one or two have defected to Dutchy though to try Ultra Long Range - 100m.

David.

Archived