AI AT .308

Borisserge

Hi, just wondering if anyone can post a review on Accuracy International 308 AT now they have had some decent trigger time against it. It would be great to have a comparison, especially if you have also owned the mk111 or AW.

Boris

Pretty sure Baldie has his own AT and reviewed it a few moths ago - search his posts.

Pretty sure Baldie has his own AT and reviewed it a few moths ago - search his posts.

Baldie has an AX.

It's essentially the same rife, except the AX has a tubular fore-end and multi-adjustable stock

I've also fired a few through the AT as the NRA have a couple.

My only reservation (purely aesthetic) is the height of the scope over the barrel.

That picadilly rail is very high, I assume so the scope can clear the hand guard on the AX model, of which I believe they share the same basic action.

I'd still buy one though

Baldie has got an AXMC308

Not jealous, honest :P

No need to be jealous mucker, i,m gonna bring a spare box full of ammo with me to the gong shoot , so you can have a play. ;)

The AT should be a fantastic gun, its got most of the best bits of the others on it, in a cheaper package.

No need to be jealous mucker, i,m gonna bring a spare box full of ammo with me to the gong shoot , so you can have a play. ;)

The AT should be a fantastic gun, its got most of the best bits of the others on it, in a cheaper package.

I can see this costing me an awful lot of money.

And that right there is apparently a problem for AI, as it seems that because there's not much to choose between the two, the AX's aren't selling as well as they thought.

Given the choice between the two, I'd go with the AT and spend the difference on ammo or put it towards a better scope

And that right there is apparently a problem for AI, as it seems that because there's not much to choose between the two, the AX's aren't selling as well as they thought.

Given the choice between the two, I'd go with the AX and spend the difference on ammo or put it towards a better scope

AT?

Rarely using something is a valid reason. Using it once is a valid reason. Looking at it and stroking it occasionally is a valid reason.

Been there and done that.

These days my gun ownership is a lot more rational

AI are producing a lower rail that will be available soon. I believe Spuhr are also going to produce an after market rail.

Interested in this, like to lower my scope a little (theres 10mm at least free space i'd prefer to lose between top of for end tube and base of objective)

DSCN3738_zpse15ebc2a.jpg

Id also like the opportunity to buy the new design butt assembly for my rifle………….

Interested in this, like to lower my scope a little (theres 10mm at least free space i'd prefer to lose between top of for end tube and base of objective)

DSCN3738_zpse15ebc2a.jpg

Check out post number 642 on this topic by Tom Irwin of AI

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/230371-official-accuracy-international-first-look-13.html#post3150602

Id also like the opportunity to buy the new design butt assembly for my rifle………….

Archived