Tuning Reloading Scales

Brillo

Bet hes too busy , or maybe he just didn't like me ! :lol:

Hi Guys - I'm really sorry but I just can't take on any scales at the moment. I have work coming out my ears and struggling to keep up. I only make the Targetmaster's in my spare time as I'm still working full time in the day job and have now sold them to 16 different countries.

Tuning a set of scales may well take me all day, machining the fittings for the camera bracket, making the bracket, drilling the scale body and fitting a threaded insert, adding a weighted base, machining a new level adjuster, machining an extended pointer and attaching it to the beam, polishing the bearings and bearing housings, squaring and honing the knife edges, reset the zero tare weight, then check and adjust calibration through the range by carefully scraping the little notches on the beam etc.

A whole Sunday pottering away on a set of scales and coming out with a good result is very satisfying but I just can't spare the time when I'm well behind with another couple of projects I'm involved in. Maybe in six months time I'll be in a better position with a bit more time to spare.

Sorry to disappoint anyone but there's just not enough hours in the day.

Allan

th_Snap_20140210_14h36m47s_003_zps35b9feth_Snap_20140210_14h28m06s_002_zps685131th_Snap_20140210_14h26m52s_001_zps96039bth_505bearings.jpg

• 1 month later...

OK then.

It seems that Allan is unable to tune scales at the moment.

Do we know anyone else UK based. I am disilusioned with my 10-10s and wish to get a new set to mate with my Target Master.

Perhaps one of the other RCBS models.

Whats out there these days?

ATB Bryan.

Archived