Selling a .22lr barrel?

Big Al

Can anyone give me an idea of how I would stand if I bought a rifle with a barrel which I then wanted to change.

The barrel I would remove will have value and be desirable, would it be an on or off ticket sale if it was just a barrel on its own. Would I also have to tell the FLO about the change, its not a caliber change, both are .22lr

I would hazard a guess that changing a barrel wouldn't be a problem, as long as the caliber remains the same. Perhaps a phone call to a gunsmith or supplier would give you the definitive answer?

Unless you have a spare slot on your ticket for a spare barrel, then the original would have to be left with the rfd who changed it for the new one.

All chambered barrels are " ON ticket"

Can anyone give me an idea of how I would stand if I bought a rifle with a barrel which I then wanted to change.

The barrel I would remove will have value and be desirable, would it be an on or off ticket sale if it was just a barrel on its own. Would I also have to tell the FLO about the change, its not a caliber change, both are .22lr

Rimfire Magic gave me some money for the old barrel on my 10/22 when Roger worked his magic on it. The rifle went to Roger, Roger put a new shorter lighter barrel on and I went and collected it.

I think that unless you are doing a deal with someone like Roger, the costs of spare barrel part variations/travel etc outweigh any financial benefits.

Regards

JCS

I have been offered a full Volquartson 10/22 with a 16" carbon fiber match barrel, the only thing putting me off the gun is the barrel which I would prefer to be around 12"-14".

My thinking was that someone may well be interested in a perfectly good second hand VQ barrel and the sale price would go some way to offsetting the shorter barrel purchase.

I have been offered a full Volquartson 10/22 with a 16" carbon fiber match barrel, the only thing putting me off the gun is the barrel which I would prefer to be around 12"-14".

My thinking was that someone may well be interested in a perfectly good second hand VQ barrel and the sale price would go some way to offsetting the shorter barrel purchase.

I'm sure someone would want it; you simply lodge it with the RFD doing the changeover and sell it from there (ie he holds it until someone wants it, then he ships it). Should be pretty routine.

Archived