Foxpro questions

Hello all, I've just treated myself to a Spitfire, how weatherproof are they and should they come with the lead to connect the handset to the caller to change the calls, thanks for any info

Hi,

Not got a spitfire but I've got a FX5 and they ain't showerproof let alone waterproof, if it's likely to rain I shove mine in a plastic bag and it still works fine.

Not sure about the cable.

Andy

Hello all, I've just treated myself to a Spitfire, how weatherproof are they and should they come with the lead to connect the handset to the caller to change the calls, thanks for any info

Mine didn't come with a lead..... and out of the useful drawer of leads containing dozens of the bloody things that would come in useful one day there wasn't a single stereo 3.5mm(?) jack to jack lead. :mad:

Should be dirt cheap on fleabay if you haven't got one......

Cheer

Fizz :ph34r:

Had a Firestorm out in some seriously wet weather and its never missed a beat

Expensive but the best electronic caller on the market

+1 mine has sorted a lot of foxes out :)

Gaz

they don't come with a cable,but to be honest they are rubbish.mine worked ok for a couple of outings and then it wouldn't go 10 yards then pause button wouldn't work.had it exchanged for another same happened again,so upgraded to a fury.

Mines the same. I sent it back and they said there was no probmlem. when it came back it worked to about 80 yards, that night less than 10! Seriously fed up with mine, is it worth upgrading and what works well?

The only drawback I've found is the TX9 remote control can be a bit of a fiddle to operate quickly especially with gloves on

The new gen of Foxpro have a brand new model remote (TX1000) which is 100% better so I'd be looking at one of those models before taking the plunge

I presume thats the reason Bushwear are reducing their stock ready for the new models

It depends on how much use you're planning on using it.For an occasional weekend out the Spitfire is a cracking piece of kit.

If you're more serious go for a better model but I certainly wouldn't be spending £420 on the Firestorm from Bushwear knowing that there'll be an improved model out in a few weeks for around the same price.That is assuming that BW are going to import the new model and they're not going to put a silly mark up on them <_< .Foxpro don't have a problem about supplying direct if theres a problem

Two newer models below

fusion_1_zps6b0923e6.jpg

Foxpro Fusion

shockwave_200_infinity_zps1a9d5aaa.png

Foxpro Shockwave

Hi Wsm,

do you happen to know any UK repairers for an out of warranty Wildfire ?

cheers, Tedward.

this is the thing, the foxpro spitfire might be on offer at bushwear, it states they are refurbs, so you only get 6 month warranty, £129 for 6 months in my opinion is not a good trade off if it goes tits up, whats wrong with a good 3 year warranty, so if would be good to know of someone that fixes these things for a decent price......

When Shootingbags imported them the few he did have back as I remember were usually battery/battery compartment related problems that were an easy fix.The ones that proved more problematic (don't think there were many to be fair) were usually just replaced as it wasn't cost effective shipping twice across the Atlantic.

I know all this because I tested a few of them before they were sent back out :)

Don't know if Bushwear have the same policy

I've had three foxpro's over the years and bought them all direct from foxpro, usually take around a week to ten days to get here and never had a problem with them.

Which is now the most cost effective way to get one nowadays even after paying the duties :)

Which is now the most cost effective way to get one nowadays even after paying the duties :)

thanks for that, ive just been on there site and they are cheaper than uk prices, plus the recon ones are a good price and worth a punt... going to phone them monday and see if they sell me one...

tony

Hi guys,so if there's no UK repairer, the only option is to ship it back to Foxpro?Does anybody know of any independant electronics firms who might have a look before I go down this route?cheers, Tedward.

I'd send it back to foxpro, I had a problem with one of mine a couple of years ago where it wouldn't work beyond twenty yards, not only did they fix the problem but they also updated the software, replaced the screen that had a slight crack in it and replaced two of the covers that we're missing from the jack connectors, all in all a very good service which took less than two weeks.

Andy

Archived