TT 2014

tisme

Great 1000 Superstock race today. Another win for Michael, a great second for Dean Harrison and Bruce third. Gary Johnson is in Nobles with a broken collarbone. Guy broke down on the Tyco Suzuki.

The mountain road is still shut (5.00pm) following another 'racing incident'.

More sad news:-

ACU Events Ltd regrets to announce that Karl Harris, 34, from Sheffield was killed during the Superstock Race at the Isle of Man TT races today following an incident at Joey's on the 2nd lap of the race.

Harris, a professional Motorbike racer, made his TT Races debut in 2012. He was a triple British Supersport Champion and British Superbike podium finisher.

Harris appeared on the racing scene as a teenager in the 1990s, when he rode for Team Great Britain in the Superteen Championship. From there, Harris went on to win the 1999 European Superstock 1000cc Championship before spending a season in the World Supersport Championship.

He was best known for his British Championship career. He was the dominant force in the British Supersport Championship in the early 2000s before becoming a prominent front-runner in the Superbike class for the factory Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha teams.

Harris won three British Supersport Championships between 2001 and 2004, the first for Crescent Suzuki and the remaining two for Honda Racing, before progressing full time to the premier Superbike category in 2005. His best season came in 2006 when he finished in 5th place overall recording 6 podiums. In total, Harris notched up 12 BSB podiums.

The ACU wishes to pass on their deepest sympathy to Karl's family and friends.

Gary Thompson, TT Clerk of the Course, ACU Events, said:

"Karl was one of the great characters in the race paddock. His infectious enthusiasm and sense of humour lit up many race meetings. He was a hugely talented racer and will be sorely missed."

The Coroner of Inquests has been informed and an investigation into the circumstances of the accident is underway.

1504136_10151999871437574_64873033005934

Great 1000 Superstock race today. Another win for Michael, a great second for Dean Harrison and Bruce third. Gary Johnson is in Nobles with a broken collarbone. Guy broke down on the Tyco Suzuki.

The mountain road is still shut (5.00pm) following another 'racing incident'.

Does seem to be a few incidents happening over there. Karl Harris was sadly killed in the superstock race and there's been a few race fans involved in road accidents. Make sure you keep safe Vince.

The TT certainly takes no prisoners! Make one mistake and it will probably be your last!

I've driven around the course in a car when I was over for a smallbore comp, to say it's hairy in places in an understatement and doing it at over 120+mph average takes a special kind of person...

Alan

I have been watching the TT and can't get enough of it, I own a Triumph Tiger and would love to ride the course but at a massive reduced speed, what a fantastic event, seriously considering going next year.

The TT certainly takes no prisoners! Make one mistake and it will probably be your last!

I've been so lucky. In the three years I raced the IOM I fell off twice and walked away. I ran on at breaking points three times and stayed on, even at the end of Sulby straight. I've unfortunately lost a few friends who were not as lucky though. I have the greatest respect for all the riders that race there and for the organiser that run it each year.

Hope the weathers ok for todays fun

Electric bikes doing 117mph lap whatever next

Moly took the second sidecar win with Conrad Harrison second.

Final two races tomorrow but the forecast is good.

There is also a nutter in a Subaru WRX trying to break his own lap record (115mph). He's already done 117mph in practice!

I have never really been interested in motorbikes and never watched the TT or any other type of bike racing.

However, I am now a convert! I was holding my breath watching the guys over the past week go at speeds that I thought only Formula 1 drivers did. And these guys do it on ordinary roads with potholes etc! They must have balls the size of watermelons. Will record any races tomorrow while at work.

I have to agree with you Les i am hooked and have you seen the stuff on you tube these guys really do have Balls

Check out the North West 200 and Southern 100 if you like the TT. Same intoxicating speed but racing rather than time trial.

Moly took the second sidecar win with Conrad Harrison second.

Final two races tomorrow but the forecast is good.

There is also a nutter in a Subaru WRX trying to break his own lap record (115mph). He's already done 117mph in practice!

Mark Higgins,

116.47mph and a time of 19 minutes and 26 seconds.

I've been into bikes most my life, currently have a R1, was at the TT 92 when Hizzy won on the Norton, what a sound, what a race.

M Dunlop is on fire this year.

The Subaru did a 117 lap today - a new record for a car and just beating McGuiness's electric bike lap.

Another win for Michael in the Senior with Guy third. Dean Harrison won the Lightweight.

Went to the grandstand afterwards to do a bit of celeb spotting and bumped into UK V member Lambsey!

Straight back into shooting on Sunday with an 800yd F Class - cant wait to pull a trigger.

Finally, got pulled by plod today for making a 'questionable manoeuvre' . He ran a check on me - "Er, are you a registered firearms dealer sir?". I am I replied. "Are you carrying a gun sir?"

The Subaru did a 117 lap today - a new record for a car and just beating McGuiness's electric bike lap.

Another win for Michael in the Senior with Guy third. Dean Harrison won the Lightweight.

Went to the grandstand afterwards to do a bit of celeb spotting and bumped into UK V member Lambsey!

Straight back into shooting on Sunday with an 800yd F Class - cant wait to pull a trigger.

Finally, got pulled by plod today for making a 'questionable manoeuvre' . He ran a check on me - "Er, are you a registered firearms dealer sir?". I am I replied. "Are you carrying a gun sir?"

Was it this copper

You missed an opportunity there Vince! You could have sold him something or at least got him to join the UKBRA/Diggle!!!!!

Tisme,

Now he's a real Manx copper - the old style. Mine was a young scrote trying to make a name for himself in TT week.

And I thought they were the best police service in the world. I had one help me walk to my bike and start it up for me after I had become ill in a pub ( the old days and drinking) don't tell me their not like that any more

The old style coppers - in the white helmets - are generally good humored.

I saw a couple of them having their pics taken with a couple of girls on the Strand one night - the girls had the cops' helmets on and their boyfriends were taking the pics.

Some of the young ones in cars are a bit prissy.

Archived