Thanks to..

1967spud

Vince and Bruce for a well run week end of piss taking and a bit o shooting as well. And MM for the lifts this season to sunny Diggle

See you guys in November

Thanks for coming out to play Mark......

If you go near my butt with a staple gun again I will smack you with my rifle!

OR I might shoot at the top of your target.

A great weekend of fun and shooting and for once the weather was great!

had my first try at benchrest this weekend and got to say guys went out of their way to help me set up and get to know my new kit and lots of good advice.back to the drawing board for me to put into practice all i learnt.it was a long weekend but a very good one.i'll be shooting benchrest again asap after a few tweaks.there was even a sub 3" group shot from 1000 yards :o if i'm right.

addictive isnt it and yes there was a 2.9" in ch group for a 5 shot 1000 yard group

The 2.9 inch group was shot by Mike Weatherhead (Diggle Club Chairman) shooting a quite humble rifle but re-barrelled by a great gunsmith.

The rifle started life as a Sako TRG in 338 Lap. mag. which MIke campaigned with some success at 1000 yards BR in the Factory Sporter Class.

When the barrel finally gave up the ghost he had Pete Walker re-barrel it in 7mmWSM. The rest of the rifle is as std. Sako with just a bag-rider added to the butt. Mike shot it for a season or two with 180 Sierras but when he switched to 180 Bergers it came alive. His best group up until today if I remember was a 3.5 incher.

Archived