Tiff , yes we've gone out to 2,626 yards with the 7mm and just shy of 2,000 yards with the Middlestead . 2.75 MOA of spindrift , 0.5 MOA of Coriolis & over 5 seconds of flight time for the 7mm at 2,626 yards . Great fun !

OSOK

I was the English chap !

PLRF10FittedwithOpticronBoosterampOpticr

SwarovskiBoosterfittedtoPLRF10_zps4589ca

I tried both the Swarovski 2x and the Opticron 2.5x and the 2.5 was a neater setup . Dont bother with the rubber eyecup as mine stays off now anyway .

don't go any bigger than 2.5x or you won't be able to see the read out and make sure you line around the eyepiece for a snug fit to keep the reticle centered .

OSOK

Thanks for the original SH post Greg (?), I was going down the Swaro route before I read it. You definitely saved me time and money!

Tony

It will be a couple of weeks or so before I'm able to, but should be no problem producing a few bushings.

OSOK - Sounds like you have some great fun stretching way out there. This will be my first season focusing solely beyond the 1k mark and now all the kit is coming together I'm really looking forward to it :)

Do you have any pictures of the bushing attached to the PLRF - I'm assuming it is a narrow 1/2"wide band that simply fits very snuggly onto the slightly raised ridged section of the eyepiece? The adapter then snugly fits on top and self centres when it bottoms out (when fully pushed on)?

Baldie - I got the 2.5x eyepiece from here:

http://www.binoculars-uk.co.uk/acatalog/Opticron_Universal_Tele-Adapter_UTA.html

And the 40946 adapter from here (although not listed, they had it in stock):

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-opticron-uta-connector-ring-for-40812-40813-40814-40815-40816-40859-40860-40861-40902-40903/p1002264

I'm still playing with the booster and some old lenses I have around the house, trying to get the eye relief sorted on the IOR to make it shootable...

I've got a 2.5 with a 40947 if it's of any use - virtually unused, got it with their top of range monocular years back - didn't even realise that the bottom adaptor was a separate part!

Tiff , you don't need the Delrin sleeve as I only did it to fix the Swarovski to the unit , just fix the best sized adaptor straight onto the PLRF . If you have to get another smaller adaptor it will still be cheaper than messing around with Delrin and I may have smaller adaptors as I went mad with them .

OSOK

• 2 weeks later...

I've just taken delivery of my 2.5x and 40946 adaptor this morning.

Unfortunately, they don't work with my unit as it gives the reading at the base of the screen, which means I'd need to remove the 2.5x each time to take a reading.

So, If anyone one like the pair for £105 posted (saves you £20), they're here for you.

Thanks.

George

After playing with different Delrin (chopping board anyway..) bushings, I've decided to stick with the electric tape and felt combination I first used. Due to the serrated finish on the metal eyepiece, it is quite difficult getting the fit 'just right'. I think if I used a slightly softer plastic it would snugly fit, but then it may not easily come off! Sorry to anyone who was after one.

Tiff

Hi Tiff , my Delrin is tight and thin as you say to fit between the raised section of the PLRF's . George , I don't understand why your unable to read the screen as the 2.5x booster works fine on mine and I assume Tiff's .

OSOK

Love these guys! Also using vectronix. This being their PB and all down to that unit.

What you reckon Tiff, you match this this year!? Lol

All the best and not at all jealous,

J

CZV

Wow what a kill :)

Gaz

• 2 months later...

Archived