6mm br info please

rsc1960

Hi lads.

I have just got myself a 6mm br (well it was built for someone who never paid for it so i got it)

it has a 1/9 twist and i was after some info of what min/max bullet weight i could run in it,

i have a boat load of benchmark powder left and would like to use that up as i am not going to give that away to anyone soon,

i have some 70 gr nosler bt's and some 87 gr hpbt left from my 243 days, but i just wanted to ask the lads who build rifles here what they would expect the rifle to shoot out of the box so to speak,

i asked the shop how many rounds it had fired and the lads said 25 to shoot it in and it produced a 10mm hole with a 3 shot group at best on the day.

i also asked who built the rifle and was told a name but i can not for the life of me remember who that was.

cheers RSC.

Mine is a 1:9 twist and shoots the 87gn hornadys into the 0.1s. I use varget and I don't know how it compares with the powder you have. N135 is another popular powder for the br

Good luck

Finman

RSC-

By "Benchmark", I assume you mean Hodgdon Benchmark?

This powder is ADI BM2 which is way faster burning rate than Varget.

Check this out if you want to compare:

http://www.adi-powders.com.au/handloaders-guide/rifle.asp?Calibre=6mm+BR+Remington.

RSC-

http://www.adi-powders.com.au/handloaders-guide/rifle.asp?Calibre=6mm+BR+Remington.

thank you guys

yes chris hodgdon benchmark, i have about 4.7 tubs so i would be keen to use it and the link shows a good record of what weights i can use with the 85gr so i will see what i can find in the 85 at the shooting show on saturday.

many thanks to you both RSC

RSC-

thank you guys

yes chris hodgdon benchmark, i have about 4.7 tubs so i would be keen to use it and the link shows a good record of what weights i can use with the 85gr so i will see what i can find in the 85 at the shooting show on saturday.

many thanks to you both RSC

Mine is a 1:9 twist and shoots the 87gn hornadys into the 0.1s. I use varget and I don't know how it compares with the powder you have. N135 is another popular powder for the br

Good luck

Finman

cheers fin

im looking forward to having a go with it as soon as my swim suit arrives,

RSC

Hi lads.

I have just got myself a 6mm br (well it was built for someone who never paid for it so i got it)

it has a 1/9 twist and i was after some info of what min/max bullet weight i could run in it,

i have a boat load of benchmark powder left and would like to use that up as i am not going to give that away to anyone soon,

i have some 70 gr nosler bt's and some 87 gr hpbt left from my 243 days, but i just wanted to ask the lads who build rifles here what they would expect the rifle to shoot out of the box so to speak,

i asked the shop how many rounds it had fired and the lads said 25 to shoot it in and it produced a 10mm hole with a 3 shot group at best on the day.

i also asked who built the rifle and was told a name but i can not for the life of me remember who that was.

cheers RSC.

Have a look at the www.6mmBR.com website - there's tons of information on the 6BR.

"what they would expect the rifle to shoot out of the box" has too many variables - that depend not only on the accuracy of the rifle but tuning for the best load, set-up, scope, wind-conditions and of course the shooter's ability. You could expect that it will put 'em all down one hole - that's what we all expect - but never achieve!

thank you sir.

i have been on the 6mmbr.com site and its full of info and good tips,

thank you for that.

just need my swiming trunks to arrive and i can get out there with it,

RSC

Archived