Best moderator for a magnum rifle

Use an ASE Ultra on my 7mm stw and .308 but had to buy the magnum one. My old t8 could not cope with the magnum and sort of broke a bit after 6 months. V

Yea I've herd that too... Something to to with too much pressure blowing the baffles forward I think the guy said.... With the jet z I've notice there a Magnum version do you guy recommend that one?? Also what's the best price you lot can get the ase jet z? Best price I've seen is £320

You need a magnum one if your using it on a magnum. I use a jetz on my 243 and am very impesed by it. Would think the price is a fair one. V

"I've looks at the SL-7 but I only wished it was in black not stainless"

Matt black aerosol paint, about a tenner a tin, just freshen it as required, now it's black too!

Hehe.. That a fair point... So I've narrowed it down to either the jet z compact or the SL-5 or 7... What do you guys think? Aaron

I'm using a 6 baffle Atec Maxim on my 7mm SAUM which is very similar performance to your Remmy Mag.

I really like the Maxims, they are light and very well made.

The SL7 is very efficient and well built (plus can have the thread changed easily). PCal will probaly be selling his almost brand new .30cal SL7 shortly, since he is downsizing to an SL5...may be worth dropping him a pm.

As for the best magnum mod, I've yet to hear anything beat my Brugger & Thomet front moderator, but at around 12" of constant baffles and circa. £500 it should work well!

Hi tiff...how much does a different thread cost for the SL-7?? Would you go for a non magnum moderator for a magnum calibre? Will it make any difference? Aaron

Hey Aaron, I think a thread change is around £30, but best contact the importers Jackson Rifles for an exact price. To help with the longevity of the unit/minimise fire cutting and help deal with all the extra gas produced, I would certainly go for a magnum rated model over a standard moderator.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hehe.. That a fair point... So I've narrowed it down to either the jet z compact or the SL-5 or 7... What do you guys think? Aaron

If your go on there website you can pick the mods you want to compare and have them side by side with all the specs that's what I did and for my use the compact was the better version

Also they have a few videos on YouTube to watch

• 2 weeks later...

Been reading this thread and I also need a new mod, looks like the SL5 should suit my 6.5X47, would you guys agree?

Archived