new mounts ??

Bearing in mind the cost of the scope and the damage that mounts like warne and hilver etc do to the tube.

I would get the Burris signiature series from Brownells which not only have inserts but can allow up to 10+ MOA of adjustment without adjusting the scope. The nearer centre the reticle remains the better the optical performance of the scope and of course the accuracy.

I have had several sets off them, the price is good and they fit the Leupold/ Burris bases, usually have them in less than five days.

will post a link later their site seems down.

Redfox

Guest varmartin

It may be worth reading the terms and conditions of use that comes with the scope..

The instructions that came with my Nightforce NXS state that the warranty will be void if ` turn in ` style mounts are used .. :blink:

If there was a problem with your NXS, how would the factory know what mounts were used ??? :huh:

Quote from my owners manual..

Under no circumstances do we recommend the usage of turn in style rotary/dovetail ring and base designs, especially those equipped with windage adjustment.

I am in the process of finding some nice steel Tactical type mounts for mine.

Varmartin is quite right avoid any turn in style or adjustable windage mounts I would say.I know they are expensive but Leupold Mark 4 ring sets are good as well as TPS products which are even better and work to tighter tolerances again.I have had RPA supply me with the TPS mounts as well as Russell Gall of RG Rifles and suggest you may start your enquiries with them but I am sure you can get them on the net somewheres.If you do get TPS mounts make sure you read the instructions as it is very very important.Best wishes.Onehole.

I use apel mounts for my nightforce nxs...There expensive but worth every cent.

If your budget minded go for the burris signiture zee rings with the inserts... I have them on my 17hmr and there an excellent option

These are the burris mounts

these are the apel mounts

Other side of the apel mount

I use apel mounts for my nightforce nxs...There expensive but worth every cent.

If your budget minded go for the burris signiture zee rings with the inserts... I have them on my 17hmr and there an excellent option

These are the burris mounts

these are the apel mounts

Other side of the apel mount

The pics didnt work out..sorry.

I've got Warnes on mine. Never a problem.

my new scope will be fitted to remmy 700 if that makes any difference, what type of money am i looking at ??? i might as well get something decent as ive spent some cash on this set up to get what i want.

just waiting for my scope to arrive a nxs 5x22x56 np2dd...anyway lads which mounts would ya reccomend ????

Hi Axel

My two pennies worth, on both my Nightforces they have Talley mounts, superb quality, available from Callum @ P.R.S.

Cheers Steve

Nightforce,s own mounts are excellent, solid steel, no frills, ...just .....excellent really.I,ve two pairs, and they required very little lapping at all.

We havent actually got any badgers in yet...everything but , in fact. The states has gone absolutely stupid .

Because they sell them. We sell warne mounts too, but i,d trap my broccoli in a door jamb, before sell you a pair to go on a nightforce, talk about spoiling the ship for a ha, porth of tar. ;) Warne rings are an absolute stripey deckchair to set up, you need three hands, and they are difficult to lap properly. Save up buddy and buy some steel ones, the nightforce is a heavy scope, and deserves better.

Because they sell them. We sell warne mounts too, but i,d trap my broccoli in a door jamb, before sell you a pair to go on a nightforce, talk about spoiling the ship for a ha, porth of tar. :o Warne rings are an absolute stripey deckchair to set up, you need three hands, and they are difficult to lap properly. Save up buddy and buy some steel ones, the nightforce is a heavy scope, and deserves better.

Leupold say york guns ...and as im wanting to get out with the rifle are these good or not???

Get onto the Sinclair International, Brownells site and order from there.

They will be with you in three maybe four days (from my own experience)

You can buy, Nightforce own, Badger Ordnance and Ken Farrell who all make excellent products - cheap rings are just that - cheap!

I wouldnt use the Warne or Leup ring sets on an expensive scope - false economy.

Yeah buddy, leupold rings arent bad at all, not the best, but certainly not poor, and they will get you shooting.You dont want the turn in ones, but the mk4 models, these are virtually identical to nightforce mounts, but probarbly cheaper.

Everyone rates Badger - but me, left ring marks on a S&B PMII I was not overly chufffed. TPS have worked better for me.

What I would be tempted to do would be go with a plastic insert - either via a 34mm ring set and use 30mm plastic inserts - Badger do do them I think or use Sako Optilock and as mentioned Burris.

David.

Archived