A couple of oddities from this week.

Here's a couple of different guns just finished.

First is one built for Running deer. Its in .223.

IMG_2072_zps465c517f.jpg

IMG_2074_zps47890f56.jpg

Its a Valkyrie Thor action which is polished and has a one piece 20 moa rail fitted. Fluted bolt and the huge oversized handle to ensure no misfeeding during a deer run.

IMG_2073_zpsc142845e.jpg

The barrel is a 1 in 9" border Archer, in parallel profile and 20 " long, bead blasted finish.

The gun swings beautifully.

Trigger is a jewel, and its sat in a fully bedded AICS stock.

IMG_2075_zpsecdcc6b3.jpg

IMG_2076_zps22ed44d4.jpg

Second is a .308 built on a fully blueprinted Remmy 700 action.

IMG_2077_zps5962907b.jpg

This has a Border archer, fluted and screwcut barrel and a 6 baffle Atec mod.

Trigger is a jewel.

IMG_2079_zps4ec0c326.jpg

Bolt is helically fluted and fitted with a badger style knob.

The stock is a TAC 21 and has been hydro dipped in a realtree cammo pattern. The butt is a Magpul PRS and it has an AFG fore grip.

IMG_2078_zpsf0b2087e.jpg

No Brian,

This was done by Hydrographics in York. There are two more businesses set up near me however, offering the same stuff.

It looks good, but it does,t wear well, and you cant touch it up like duracoat.

Hi Baldie.

very nice looking rifles,

I am new to this technical talk but may I ask what blueprinted means.

I have read it on a few posts and most seem to be when people talk about remington rifles, is this something to do with them as a maker ?

thank you RSC

Blueprinting is basically making the action how Remington would like to, but couldn,t afford to.

A basic blueprint involves recutting the reciever threads oversize, and truing them to the centreline. Also squaring the reciever face, bolt abuttments , bolt face and bolt lugs, and fitting a ground lug.

More involved work includes shimming the bolt or fitting a custom one and reaming the raceways.

If you are going to go to such lengths, it makes more sense to start with a custom action.

A basic blueprint usually produces a very accurate rifle.

Blueprinting is basically making the action how Remington would like to, but couldn,t afford to.

A basic blueprint involves recutting the reciever threads oversize, and truing them to the centreline. Also squaring the reciever face, bolt abuttments , bolt face and bolt lugs, and fitting a ground lug.

More involved work includes shimming the bolt or fitting a custom one and reaming the raceways.

If you are going to go to such lengths, it makes more sense to start with a custom action.

A basic blueprint usually produces a very accurate rifle.

well thank you very much.

I am so glad i asked, i felt a bit silly after i posted the reply but i had to ask and i am glad i did.(not as bad as asking what BNIB meant :( )

regards and thank you again

RSC

Archived