Game Set and Match

mo3

Hi everybody,

just thought would post a few pic's hence game set and match DTA SRS in 3 cal's 308,300 Win Mag, and 338

Lap Mag.

A special thank you to David at the Shooting Shed for his patience making my custom bolt knobs to my

design -- top man.

Also many thanks to Ewen and Gerald

Hope you all like

Merry Christmas

Regards

Chris

dtasrs005_zps54ed367f.jpg

dtasrs006_zpsde6bb0de.jpg

dtasrs001_zps773c19f3.jpg

The brakes work really well 338 is on par with a light weight 308 but the can on 300win mag gets to hot even after 2 to 3 shots not tried it on the 338 will stick to the brake not a big lover of cans on hot cals Chris

Hi everybody,

just thought would post a few pic's hence game set and match DTA SRS in 3 cal's 308,300 Win Mag, and 338

Lap Mag.

A special thank you to David at the Shooting Shed for his patience making my custom bolt knobs to my

design -- top man.

Also many thanks to Ewen and Gerald

Hope you all like

Merry Christmas

Regards

Chris

dtasrs005_zps54ed367f.jpg

dtasrs006_zpsde6bb0de.jpg

dtasrs001_zps773c19f3.jpg

has BD got a DTA ON ORDER Merry Christmas Chris

I have Chris. Great to see your pics! (The value of a reasonable car in those photos?!).

'Mine' has landed after a long wait and has gone straight to Mik at Dolphin have a non-standard barrel made (20" 6.5x47 with 18x1 muzzle thread). Hopefully I'll finally get my mitts on it next month.

• 4 weeks later...

Next on my list, going to the shooting show just to see/sort the DTA! er sorry i ment the DT!

And have a gander at the March stand,

Take plenty cash lol and good luck Ewen is a good bloke to deal with all the best Chris

Here is my own Dtac, 6.5x47, 19" barrel, superb rifle, scope is a March 2.5-25x42, superb scope, Gary is a great guy to deal with also. I'm quite fancying a 16" .338 Lap Mag barrel for mine, but I'm just studying the possibilities of a 30-338, ballistics seem a tad better than a 300RUM, and easier to get a condition for a .30 cal than .338. (I think)

Pic of a100yd 5 shot group I hope

post-10089-0-69859500-1390592201_thumb.jpg

Here is my own Dtac, 6.5x47, 19" barrel, superb rifle, scope is a March 2.5-25x42, superb scope, Gary is a great guy to deal with also. I'm quite fancying a 16" .338 Lap Mag barrel for mine, but I'm just studying the possibilities of a 30-338, ballistics seem a tad better than a 300RUM, and easier to get a condition for a .30 cal than .338. (I think)

Pic of a100yd 5 shot group I hope

That group is seriously superbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb well done next one at 1000yds with a lot of luck all the best Chris

I sold my a.w a couple of years ago ,big mistake , im going to have closer look at the new ax at the shot show so I think im going to sell dta covert to fund this project .

I've shot mine out to 1340 yards with great results with the 130g Berger, here's a pic of something I shot whilst shooting for group at 100yards, not bragging, I wouldn't waste nearly a quid on them usually, but couldn't resist, it was, I'm sure you will all agree, a superb headshot (intentional or otherwise), any ideas as to what it was?!

post-10089-0-98428000-1390598558_thumb.jpg

I've shot mine out to 1340 yards with great results with the 130g Berger, here's a pic of something I shot whilst shooting for group at 100yards, not bragging, I wouldn't waste nearly a quid on them usually, but couldn't resist, it was, I'm sure you will all agree, a superb headshot (intentional or otherwise), any ideas as to what it was?!

Bluebottle assassin..... :ph34r:

Tony; it's time for some pics of your kit!! :ph34r::)

I'll try and get some pics sorted Matt. Work isn't leaving me much shooting time, it's a pretty much vicarious hobby at this point :mad:

The .308 and .338 barrels shot well from day one with known loads, I think I am there with the .260, especially now I have Lapua brass rather than necking down. I sneaking off to Oundle later to try and lock down velocities and offsets for all three calibres.. Let's see if there is any insect targetry .......

Cheers

Tony

Archived