Adjustable Scope Rings

On one of my rifles the windage is out of alignment from centre such that there is on 9 moa remaining. To replace the Picatinney rail it has to machined off and a new one bonded on. This requires returning it to the manufacturer.

Another solution is a set of adjustable scope rings that fit a Picatinney rail. Does anyone know where I can get a set in 34 mm?

Thanks

Yep the burris rings that have the self centring inserts work a treat and fit pic rails ( posi locks?)

Don't look the jazzyiest but they work well, roughly work out how much you want and just buy the right inserts

I used them on a factory rifle where the rail holes weren't well orientated to the barrel and I ran out of windage completely before getting a zero.

Adjustable rings do exist but I've never seen them for a Pic rail fitting as the front ring needs to be on a 'swivel'. But, ask yourself Brillo - when did you last need 9MOA of windage??

Shooting at 1000 yards on Stickledown I had 12 moa coping with the strong left to right wind and the guys there said it gets worse!

In the meantime I've shimmed the base of the rear ring to centralise the scope. So providing I don't lose the shim material I'll be ok for a while.

I'll take a look at the Burris.

I use the Burris zee rings to add a little elevation but turning the inserts (similar to Optilock) around would enable more windage. The 30mm are sturdier than the inch and have 4 screws. Don't know if they do 34mm though.

But, ask yourself Brillo - when did you last need 9MOA of windage??

I was running around 15 MOA of windage at 500 yards last weekend at my Roundhouse shoot........155 A-Max at 2775fps, so not too slow a load either. I started by holding 8-10+ minutes at 350 yards - the wind was certainly challenging!

I remember reading on 6mmbr/accurate shooter bulletin earlier this year about some very tough looking fully adjustable long range mounts.

MJR has a good point, but you would believe the hassle I and the gun will go through to get it done. If there is a 'work-around' I'll take it.

I'll check out the IOR website. Thanks for the tip.

Brillo, what make of rifle is it? There are numerous very competent smiths on the forum that i'm sure could fix it for you with a reasonable turn around time. I don't work in the gun trade but have corrected my share of 'work around fixes' in the trade I am in and they all end up unsatisfactory and more expensive in the long run. Good luck.

I didn't want to mention it but it's my AW. AI will have to free the action from the chassis and then machine the rail off before fitting a new rail and then re-bedding the action to the chassis.

All this takes time and I'm reluctant to go through that process because the rifle is incredibly accurate as it is. You know what they say, "if it ain't broke don't fix it." Well the rest isn't broken.

The other problem is that AI confirm the rifle has to go by way of Sporting Services so that means three lots of couriers both way; me to SS and then AI and back again.

It's a load of hassle for a smallish problem which AI have said they'll fix.

I'll probably take the rifle to SS in the New Year, but I'm just looking for a simpler alternative if there is one.

It must be way out if you only have 9mins with 34mm tube! What scope are you using?

It's the same problem with all my scopes S&B PMII 12-50x56, NF 12-42x56 and Sightron SIII, so it's definitely the rail.

Archived