Spotting Scopes what to get?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swarovski HD65 with a fixed 20x is as good as it gets , I had the HD80 but found it big and heavy for the drag bag and no gain at all for normal daytime use . I've had the 30x , 45x , 20-60 & 25-50 eyepieces and i've not found anything to beat the 20x and FOV is massive compared to the others .

I'm testing the 30x Vortex eyepiece this weekend with the MOA Ret which they say works on a Swarovski ...... ? I'm curious to compare and see if the MOA ret brings anything to the party .

OSOK

• 1 month later...

Swarovski HD65 with a fixed 20x is as good as it gets , I had the HD80 but found it big and heavy for the drag bag and no gain at all for normal daytime use . I've had the 30x , 45x , 20-60 & 25-50 eyepieces and i've not found anything to beat the 20x and FOV is massive compared to the others .

I'm testing the 30x Vortex eyepiece this weekend with the MOA Ret which they say works on a Swarovski ...... ? I'm curious to compare and see if the MOA ret brings anything to the party .

OSOK

Plus1 for swarovski. I purchased an atx 95 and cannot fault it. I can see bullet holes in the white out to 750 yard on a really clear day. The glass on this scope is second to none. I spent a lot of time looking through various high end scopes and found the swarovski to be th best out of all of them

I think you're going to be disappointed over how much money you're gonna need to spend.

Keen to see if anyone can view at this range this with a cheapo. I know light levels will play a big part at the zoom required. I bought one something like 10-40 x 100mm for around 100 quid. Only used it the once

Kinda 2nd this , i bought a 200 quid hawke 20-60X60 or 70 its okay , the more you zoom the more it fuzzez up , bad quality / build etc your going to need something like Leupold etc . ATB tim

I have just bought a Meopta s1 75 APO with angled eyepiece and camera adaptor. I shall report back as the TGA 75 draw scope I have had from them for a while is lower spec yet still quite stunning.

I have a Minox MD50 - it works very well.

I have recently acquired a Vortex Diamondback 20-60x80 (Angled), I'm delighted with it.

Archived