notice to site admin ?

rsc1960

Still being hi-jacked to URL4SHORT.INFO.

At work, because I can't save favourites on their computer, I put UKvarminting into a search engine, and click on the page when it comes up in the results. It's then that the above site takes over, and on clicking 'back' the page gets taken to UKV.

Any clean PC, reaching the site from a google search, hits UKV then is instantly redirected to the URL4SHORT.INFO site, which appears to contain malware.

It is a problem with UKV, although can be rectified by fiddlign with browsers etc

This is bizarre. I've not seen this hijack at all. For example, I've been on the site today from 5 different computers (2 mine, 3 'virgin') not once have I seen the hijack... I'm thoroughly confused/bemused.

I'll drop the site software chaps a line........but I've still not seen it.

Still being hi-jacked to URL4SHORT.INFO.

At work, because I can't save favourites on their computer, I put UKvarminting into a search engine, and click on the page when it comes up in the results. It's then that the above site takes over, and on clicking 'back' the page gets taken to UKV.

I'm intermittently taken to the same site also and on clicking back gets me back to UKV. (Using Samsung Tab 10.1" Android)

This is bizarre. I've not seen this hijack at all. For example, I've been on the site today from 5 different computers (2 mine, 3 'virgin') not once have I seen the hijack... I'm thoroughly confused/bemused.

I'll drop the site software chaps a line........but I've still not seen it.

Ensure you go via Google, I just tried it on a corporate machine & also just booted this PC as Linux from DVD. Same result from each. Quick Google of UL4SHORT.INFO suggests other forums have suffered from it too (wireshark traces etc showing what's happening). Why a redirect from Google should behave differently, or what's different with the URL I don't know, but I would expect Google's rating of the site to decline without resolution.

This all started after the Nelson Mandella post was deleted.........Maybe he is reaching out from beyond!!!!!!!! DO Do Do Dooo...Do Do Do Dooooo.....is that the x file theme tune I hear???

Ensure you go via Google, I just tried it on a corporate machine & also just booted this PC as Linux from DVD. Same result from each. Quick Google of UL4SHORT.INFO suggests other forums have suffered from it too (wireshark traces etc showing what's happening). Why a redirect from Google should behave differently, or what's different with the URL I don't know, but I would expect Google's rating of the site to decline without resolution.

Believe the URL4SHORT.INFO breach has been fixed - grateful if members would confirm that they are no longer seeing it.

Archived