Long range thar in NZ

Chris-NZ

http://www.nzhunter.co.nz/post-your-video-reader-gallery#.UosTjSeseUU

This is Fiona, the (English) wife of Greg Duley, the Editor of NZ Hunter magazine.

The bullet went through the lower jaw on its way to a high shoulder hit.

That river she crossed is sodding cold, basically melted snow. Her son stripped off and swum the rope across..

The

Makes shooting roe deer in a muddy english field look a bit 'nancy' !!!!

Blimey, just watched that.

That's not a slow flowing river either! :o

I've been washed away in a foot deep torrent in the US and seen ponies washed away in a Himalayan glacial flow.

Turned me into a bit of a river crossing avoider. I think I'd limit my shots to the home bank if I knew there was an obstacle like that between me and the target. :rolleyes:

So I absolutely have to respect that level of 'keen'!

(By the by, my wife used to pretend to enjoy mountaineering during our 'courting' and early years and eventually admitted it wasn't actually her bag- I notice the lady in the video does seem to have a bit of a fixed smile in every scene - that's one lucky husband if she's doing all that for him! :) )

I went white water rafting on the Shotover River in NZ's south island last year.

The water was flowing not dissimilar to that and all was well until the raft captain capsized us in some class 4 rapids and I got washed through them (underwater) and 100M down stream until someone tossed a rope and dragged me ashore.

Thought I'd lost my brother that day and I ended up with severe concussion.

Nope, I'll never get out of the boat again!

Archived