Picatinny rail fixing on tikka t3

Offroad Gary

Your thoughts/experience please.

Im about to fix an aluminium pic rail to a tikka t3, will generally wear a mk2 10x42 but occasionally will wear a pm2 5-25x56..

Is it worth epoxy fixing the rail or will the screws be sufficient?

Cheers in advance

Im about to fix an aluminium pic rail to a tikka t3, will generally wear a mk2 10x42 but occasionally will wear a pm2 5-25x56..

Cheers in advance

It's a mind game. Clue to the answer is in the fact you're asking. Only one way to kill the doubt :) (I glued mine! )

Cheers in advance

hi I have been thinking of mounting a Pic rail on mine for when i use my NV add on ,is yours a custom made or off the shelf ?

I fit rails by bedding, apply release agent on the action and use blue loctite in the screw holes. At first I only torque the screws to about half the normal tightening value and let the bedding go hard. After about 24hr I torque the screws to full value. This method avoids bending the rail if it does not have good contact with the action.

edi

ps, before tightening the rail with wet bedding material I mount a scope that has the windage turret set to it's middle value and find out in which left/right postion (play in screw holes) the scope will bore sight. I then tighten the rail in that position. This method saves a lot of dissapointment especially when zeroing scope with small windage travel.

Archived