This is my rifle......

bradders

There are many like it..........well actually there aren't.
In fact there's probably not another one like it........but this one is mine :;-)
Long Branch 1945 No4 Mk1 T.
Unissued and complete.
Test and proof fired only.
null_zps68773808.jpg
null_zpsb78116a3.jpg
null_zpsa09b4470.jpg
null_zpsbc4bc555.jpg
null_zps39484486.jpg
null_zpsaca01241.jpg
null_zps68773808.jpg
null_zps6faf59cb.jpg
null_zps7c467030.jpg

Very, very nice Mr Bradley.

Do you know how come it is unused ? Must be a story in there methinks

From what I know, it has spent most of its life in a collection in the US.

It came up for sale and a dealer here heard about it and brought it back.

It was then sold to a shooter I knew, but he passed away recently and it returned to the same dealer, who is disposing of his firearms for the estate.

I saw it and decided to buy it as an investment

Very nice.

Unusual provenance -why unfired? Do you have the story prior to it entering a US collection?

When I had one of these, the main thing I learnt was that every single T was different (I'm fortunate in having Pete Laidler as a telephonable acquaintance through one of my former postings).

Accepting that every one was different and that there's no such thing as a standard T and anyone who argues that there is doesn't understand the Army; it strikes me that there are a lot of scuff marks on the scope ring screws - which doesn't tally in my mind withan unused rifle. Also notice that the pad screws aren't staked - which, I suppose, contrastingly would tally if that could be said to be the result of it not passing thropugh the hands of REME armourers applying the workshop upgrades. But I learnt that there'll never be a definitive answer to any of those musings as they are what they are and each passed through different hands applying different processes differently.

How long do you think you'll be able to overcome the urge to fire it?! :)

Very nice.

Unusual provenance -why unfired? Do you have the story prior to it entering a US collection?

When I had one of these, the main thing I learnt was that every single T was different (I'm fortunate in having Pete Laidler as a telephonable acquaintance through one of my former postings).

Accepting that every one was different and that there's no such thing as a standard T and anyone who argues that there is doesn't understand the Army; it strikes me that there are a lot of scuff marks on the scope ring screws - which doesn't tally in my mind withan unused rifle. Also notice that the pad screws aren't staked - which, I suppose, contrastingly would tally if that could be said to be the result of it not passing thropugh the hands of REME armourers applying the workshop upgrades. But I learnt that there'll never be a definitive answer to any of those musings as they are what they are and each passed through different hands applying different processes differently.

How long do you think you'll be able to overcome the urge to fire it?! :)

I'm in no rush to fire it.

OK, to the best of everyones knowledge it is unfired.

I assume it was found in a warehouse somewhere all crated up (like all the No4's that appeared here and the US a few years ago) and was snapped up by a collector.

Unissued might be a better term.

There are no discernible signs to show that it has been fired. For example the bolt face is clean.

There are no primer rings on it and it links like it was surface ground and polished yesterday.

Now, you all know that bolt heads are replaceable, but there is no reason to believe that has been done, especially as this one gauges correctly.

Why aren't the rings staked? Dunno, maybe thats the way the Canadians did it.

Also can't speak for the screws, maybe the Canadians are heavy handed with the screwdrivers!

I may try and do some research to find out more about it

Very nice, Mark. Yes, that should be an excellent investment. I'm only surprised that the Canadians ever let it escape - must have gone in some big government sell-off on the international market originally.

What a nice piece of ironwork.

One of my shooting buddies is arguably one of the most knowledgably people in the UK about Lee Enfield rifles and all its derivatives. For one, the intrinsic value is the completeness of the kit. Is this rifle complete with its transit case, etc etc? If so he will be drooling.

What a nice piece of ironwork.

One of my shooting buddies is arguably one of the most knowledgably people in the UK about Lee Enfield rifles and all its derivatives. For one, the intrinsic value is the completeness of the kit. Is this rifle complete with its transit case, etc etc? If so he will be drooling.

Yes, scope bucket (not tin, the Canadian ones came with a canvas pouch), transit case (4 screws per hinge, British ones had 3 screws) scout telescope and sling.

I don't have the chest and accessories yet as they've still to be collected.

Will post more pics when I have them.

Archived