UK Boar hunt - am I dreaming?

I have stalked deer for a very long time but always wanted to try for a wild boar.

I have an open licence and AOLQ conditions.

Am I 'smoking something' if I look for a stalk or high-seat hunt in the UK / Wales (Scotland becomes a long drive / high cost venture) that does not cost silly-money and where I can keep or buy (at sensible cost) anything that is shot?

Any known options out there?

Dave T

There is a chap who has some ground in East Sussex who does some high seat boar. If you want his details let me know and I will get them for you. Be warned that most of the boar outfits charge a high ' going out fee' and then a shot fee on top of this. There is this bloke in Dorset,http://www.farringtonds.com/. Do not know him personally.

There is a chap on the stalking directory who offers boar at pretty reasonable rates. I know a couple of lads that have stalked with him but not been out on boar. He goes by solway stalker.

Colin is a good guy who will do his best to get you on a shot and good beasts too up there. There is a cheap hotel nearby so you could do boar and then Forrest Estate for Roe, Goat or Reds??

Most outfits the venison remains property of the estate as its worth for a reasonable size around the high £100's ( it's much much more valuable to the dealers than deer). When I can quality pigs for well less than 8th of the price of the boar I've yet to take the plunge in the uk. If you find somewhere that lets you do so I'd be very intrested. Till then the foreign trips to place like Croatia work at at much better value (and better sport shooting driven rather than high seat) than the options in the UK.

I'll keep me fingers crossed

Good sport Will

Ian Farrington, is a top chap and may well be able to help out. You could combine a stalk/stay in Dorset with him & a roundhouse shoot....

Tiff Your shoot is defo on my agenda in any case.....just seem to be forever swapping scopes / rezeroing at present!

A couple of guys have recommended Ian so I will get in contact.

Thanks again

Dave

I would approach this with caution! The way i would do it is ask to be notified when the pigs are active in a certain area to maximise chance, and then make the trip, dont fix your dates around another event.

I would approach this with caution! The way i would do it is ask to be notified when the pigs are active in a certain area to maximise chance, and then make the trip, dont fix your dates around another event.

Understood....it would appear to be a tad more expensive than I had hoped!

Can pm you number if required. The cost is around £250-£300 for non trophy animals. Only smaller pigs to be shot. I know the lad personaly and would not hesitate to recommend him. Having shot quite a few boar my self on my own ground, i have to say it is pretty damn exciting. What calibre you shooting?

RGDS SEAN

Can pm you number if required. The cost is around £250-£300 for non trophy animals. Only smaller pigs to be shot. I know the lad personaly and would not hesitate to recommend him. Having shot quite a few boar my self on my own ground, i have to say it is pretty damn exciting. What calibre you shooting?

RGDS SEAN

Sean

Would appreciate the number that you mention.

I would use my 308 and Accubond 165g I think.....I have a 260 which might be a little light OR a 338 Lap Mag......bit too much gun probably!

Cheers

Sean

Would appreciate the number that you mention.

I would use my 308 and Accubond 165g I think.....I have a 260 which might be a little light OR a 338 Lap Mag......bit too much gun probably!

Cheers

You have a pm

Archived