Shoulder bumping

dannywayoflife

I am still very new to reloading but thus far have been very successful and have developed a load for my 223 that's sub .5" @ 100 and I zinging along nicely ;)

I have been using lee collet dies but have just had to fl size all my cases as the shoulders have crept forward. Is there anyway just to bump the shoulders without loosing all the fire forming of the case?

Thanks guys

I use Redding body dies on the basis that by the time the shoulders need bumping to ensure slick chambering the rest of the body will likely need a small size reduction as well.

I then use seperate bushing neck dies to get the neck tension that I want.

I use Redding body dies on the basis that by the time the shoulders need bumping to ensure slick chambering the rest of the body will likely need a small size reduction as well.

That's an excellent approach. An expensive alternative is to get a custom full length resizing die made from your fired brass. Regards JCS

Snap, redding body die for the shoulders on a 308, 6PPC and 22-250, neck size with Wilson stainless on arbor.

Mark that's probably going to be the next thing on my shopping list form you! ;)

ill see if they have one ready

Mark that's probably going to be the next thing on my shopping list form you! ;)both bushing bump die and a body are in stock and ordered danny just pm me which you want but if your

in stock send us a pm

Archived