I'll agree with the lads above, iv got a Lieca LRF800 which is exellent, as mentioned very easy to use and small enough not to get in the way, also works well on geese overhead which is handy when im wardening on the bay ;)

Guest varmartin

one more for the Leica LRF 800.

Purchased used off a good friend and has been fault free from new. 8 --9 --1200 ?? how far do you wanna range ?

Martin

Another one for Leica. Mines a 1200 old model, good bit of kit. Best reading I had is 1325yds so a true 1200 model under the right conditions.

A friends 1500 laser wouldn't range past 600 yds under certain conditions where as mine will always go past 900 irrespective.

Dave are you from the wakefield area? if so you know me, try mine if you want?

I have one of the older Lieca 1200 models and have been fairly happy with it by and large but sometimes pinging teh same target twice can give different results.

If I were buying new today I would have a set of Geovid rangefinder binos instead.

A

Sorry boys

my vote is on the Swarowski Laser Guide, all I carry in the spotting / ranging department.

Pinged stuff out to 1900 yards with it.

Only failing is in mist / heavy rain (like all other rangefinders)

Had I the spare readies I would get some Vector 1500's.

Silent,

the basic Vectors are circa $5000 ;)

I was once of the original milspec Geovids for a couple of thou, wish I had taken them now.....

Having said that the Laser Guides are excellent, accurate, compact and reliable so why change ;)

What Laser Range finders do you guys use what do you think of them and how efective are they?

Dave

Swarovski for me, furthest ranged 1602yds, compact , optically perfect, lightweight and waterpproof. No gimmicks , I gave £380 for mine and I can't fault them for the money. Geovids are nice but you could buy a nice rifle for the same money.

Pete.

Old style lecia 1200 scan for me, bit bulky but never lets you down, I even take mine lamping.

Archived