Bought a pair new Swarovski SLC 10x42's which I've used a couple of times - the problem is they are to nice to use or rather cost to much for me to feel happy taking them out.

I'm after a pair of 8x42 - but not sure what to get. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I've seen these as they are ones that I've used a work, I know there made in Japan under sub-contract but not sure by who:-

http://www.pyser-sgi.com/images/thumbnails/Defence_Files/E8%20x%2042RM%20binoculars%201.pdf

What do other members recommend ???

Kind Regards

Rob

Bought a pair new Swarovski SLC 10x42's which I've used a couple of times - the problem is they are to nice to use or rather cost to much for me to feel happy taking them out.

I've seen these as they are ones that I've used a work, I know there made in Japan under sub-contract but not sure by who:-

http://www.pyser-sgi.com/images/thumbnails/Defence_Files/E8 x 42RM binoculars 1.pdf

Kind Regards

Rob

Surly thats what the Swaro's are designed and built for? but if it makes you happy I've got an old Tasco pair that I'll reluctantly swap with you?

I've got a pair of Bushnell fusion 1600 12x50 I bought them here http://www.microglobe.co.uk/bushnell-fusion-1600-arc-12x50-laser-range-finder-binocular-p-7938.html

For less than half the price others were advertising.

Really like them but I thought if you paid more for Swarovski surely they are made much stronger and better for taking out !

I've got a pair of Steiner Ranger Pros 8x42 for sale at £250. When i bought them originally i wanted to get some cheaper Zeiss or Swarovksi for Africa, but i came out of the shop with the Steiners. In side by side comparison they are excellent performers against the big names.

I use my 8x32 el in all weathers and conditions and would highly recommend them , if you need/want a reticule then Leupold have some good 10x50 with a reticule I think you can get them for £295 or have a look at the vortex stuff , I've just brought an 8x36 monocular from Riflecraft with mil ret in and I think the swaros may stay in the car when I'm on the hill , I can always borrow the gillies if I need more ?

I must agree with Andy, although I know it doesn't answer your question.

Put the Swarovskis to good use, that's what they were made for.

The whole idea, for me anyway, about buying first class kit is to enjoy it.

They an probably take more abuse than you think, and you wouldn't keep an AW in the cabinet, would you?

Cheers,

Christian

I must agree with Andy, although I know it doesn't answer your question.

Put the Swarovskis to good use, that's what they were made for.

The whole idea, for me anyway, about buying first class kit is to enjoy it.

They an probably take more abuse than you think, and you wouldn't keep an AW in the cabinet, would you?

Cheers,

Christian

You can add me to the list for using what you have. My 7x50's have been used extensively in all sorts of hostile places. If it bothers you get some insurance or live with the fact that they only pay you back the investment with use. Had mine about 10 yrs, use them most days often as not - that's not much a day! If I don't loose them they will stand me at nothing in another decade, after all they are a crazy thing to purchase then leave prisoner in a safe

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.pyser-sgi.com/images/thumbnails/Defence_Files/E8%20x%2042RM%20binoculars%201.pdf

Kind Regards

Rob

My dad is a binocular geek and loves quality, but get this, me and my brothers got him a pair of Nikon Action 8x40 for £60.the clarity blew me away as did it my dad and he has binos for naval use with filters that alow you to look straight into the sun, I have Swarovski and optically it's like pepsi and coke.It will be the best £60 you will spend on optics.

Kind Regards

Rob

My dad is a binocular geek and loves quality, but get this, me and my brothers got him a pair of Nikon Action 8x40 for £60.the clarity blew me away as did it my dad and he has binos for naval use with filters that alow you to look straight into the sun, I have Swarovski and optically it's like pepsi and coke.It will be the best £60 you will spend on optics.

Archived