Export question

bradders

Curious to see if anyone has an answer and/or a way round this.

I have a guy in Denmark who has asked me to build a rifle for him.

He'd like to pick it up in person when he comes over in August....if possible.

Is there any way he can take possession of it in the UK without a UK FAC?

Thanks

I had similar situation with a rifle that a Nowegian mate wanted. Could not come up with a way for him to take it with him without export licence. In the end I got GC at sporting services to do it. Around £250. I do not think the issue sits with the FAC side of things, more turning up at a port without export licence

I must get one of these a week Mark. I turn them down, way more grief than its worth.

The only safe way to do it, unless you want a weeks worth of paperwork/grief, is to use an exporter with an RFD such as Graham at Sporting services or Garry at PBS.

I don't know how difficult it is to get weapon on the European Arms pasport in Denmark. If he can get it on his arms pasport only with the papers ( numbers, barrel lenght, etc....) that you sent him, it should be no problem. He comes in without the rifle, but brings the pasport and drives back with the arm wich is on the pasport.

Could you put it on your Euro Firearms Certificate, and then take it to Denmark in person?

No, that would still be an export.

Besides that would work out at an absolute fortune

The last one I did went to CZ

I applied for on line export licence - which took a week and required end user agreement and proof of allowance in host country (CZ)

I delivered the item myself using easy jet

Simple process.

The last one I did went to CZ

I applied for on line export licence - which took a week and required end user agreement and proof of allowance in host country (CZ)

I delivered the item myself using easy jet

Simple process.

Interesting, thanks

No, that would still be an export.

Besides that would work out at an absolute fortune

Just the cost of an easyjet flight. Think I've heard of that being done by others.

I did mean with a budget airline obviously! Rather than business class Lufthansa! ;)

I would think it would be less than the £375 you mention, and you get a cheap break, and if the guy at the other end is keen probably a bit of foreign shooting!

Archived