MQC summer 2013

oaken

The 3rd MQC - summer 2013. 6th July.

Some radical new elements to this shoot that are a bit experimental but should be great fun.

The shoot takes place on private land so an open ticket, personal shooting insurance and a moderated rifle are mandatory requirements.

There is also a .308/HME limit.

There are some fantastic prizes to be won thanks to our sponsors Dauntsey Guns, Shooting Shed, Edgar Bros and DTA, and now the chance to win an MQC patch - if you can hit a firebird with a single shot from a challenging firing position at 300+yds.

The shoot is registered with Help4Heroes who will receive any profits and all donations made on the day.

The Autumn MQC will be on Sunday the 6th October.

Email me or call for more details

oaken8 at ymail.com or call O7968 34817O

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/topic/16097-the-inaugral-mendip-quarry-challenge-mqc/

Rup

• 3 weeks later...

Several people have had to drop out so if you thought you had missed out, here is your chance!

The weather is looking promising again.

For those already booked, the CoF has at last been finalized. You will need 68 rounds.

I am having my usual computer problems (I don't do tech well) so anyone that has booked but not received confirmation that funds have been received or location details please drop me a line.

Cheers

Rup

I did a final zero check last night , it would appear that the F**k up fairies have been at something ! oh well somebody has to come last i suppose......

i did manage a 3 shot inch ish group at 300m , just in totally the wrong place and certainly not where i was aiming (damn it!)

The excuses are coming in thick and fast now..... Mine, ive been hijacked by my wife and have to sell gingerbread men at the village fete to raise money for the beavers! Honest.

The excuses are coming in thick and fast now..... Mine, ive been hijacked by my wife and have to sell gingerbread men at the village fete to raise money for the beavers! Honest.

I've not even started with excuses yet!

(christ is that the time ? i need to get a wiggle on!)

Mine is simply going to be a case of more enthusiasm than talent I suspect!

Plus its going to be bloody HOT in the quarry!

Certainly likely to top up my suntan!

I did a final zero check last night , it would appear that the F**k up fairies have been at something ! oh well somebody has to come last i suppose......

i did manage a 3 shot inch ish group at 300m , just in totally the wrong place and certainly not where i was aiming (damn it!)

You aint takin my place fella ....... :mad::ph34r:

MQC sumer13.

Quite a few new faces at this one, the third Mendip Quarry Challenge.

This shoot had some rather experimental elements to keep things fresh, thank you all for being patient with us, though all the feedback we had was very constructive and/or positive.

One of the newcomers, Paddy, won the day with an eexceptional display of mobile marksmanship. Very well done to you sir.

Alan won the DTA Challenge section, which has to be the hardest element in the comp. It was hotly contested to the bitter end and had to be finished with sudden death standing shots due to shortage of rounds!

Three managed to detonate the long range firebird with a single shot and were the first to win the new MQC patches.

The standard of shooting was exceptionally high all round with a slender margin separating the high and low scores.

A massive thankyou to our sponsors.

Dauntsey Guns who gave us a very expensive set of reloading scales and all the firebirds.

Davy of the Shooting Shed for donating one of his .308 comparators and pile of other bits and pieces.

Alan Wey who arrived with a box of top quality goodies.

Edgar Bros supplied a Hoppes universal cleaning kit which sadly didn't get to us in time so will go in the next one.

In fact quite a few of you turned up with some great goodies meaning that just about everyone came away with something.

And of course Ewen of DTA who sponsors the DTA winner to the tune of a free ticket to the next MQC.

My thanks to those that gave valuable time to help set up and take down.

All in, I think a great time was had by all :-D

Now, send us your pictures!

Rup

Had a brilliant day! I particularly enjoyed the second stage that had movement between several firing points, trying to hit those plates with the heart rate going was some challenge! Can't wait for the next one.

Rup and all ,

Great and frustrating day. Right good bunch of like minded safe shots!

Shame I can't make the next one. I will treasure my wooden spoon (walking stick). Learnt a valuable lesson. The wilks school of reloading doesn't always work :(

What a fantastic day!

Challenging course of fire, really enjoyable.

Met some really great people, lots of banter!

Congratulations to Paddy...I told you were doing okay!!

It looked like at the prize giving I hadn’t shot the comp...But it seems I came 5th! (Those there will understand)

I only took a couple of pictures:

Paddy Shooting the DTA Challenge.

ZOIzQJ6.jpg

Paddy Receiving a well deserves first place.

brxjowQ.jpg

The 3 winners of the “Quarry” Patch

MwbPx8T.jpg

Can’t wait till the next one

Well done Rup and everyone who put together a great day.

All I can say is thank you so much to Rup and the gang for all their hard work. I felt very welcome and thoroughly enjoyed the day. It was great to put some faces to names.

I'm now thoroughly hooked on this style of shoot, and I can't wait to do some more (brain already ticking away on suitable locations in Kent/Sussex)

Thank you Mark (walkabout) for that most flattering picture of me on the DTA platform...... It looks like behind the scenes footage from Free Willy.

Well done Rup and all involved in the setting up of this very enjoyable day. Nice to meet some new faces and have a good bit of banter with everyone.

Looking forward to the next MQS. ;)

Tony.

Thanks again Rup for organising the third MQC. As always, the event ran smoothly and it looked like everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Thanks also to Pete and the guys for scoring, setting up and clearing down the site. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.

It was a great days shooting with good company, and once again the weather gods smiled on us. Perfect.

Can't thank Rup and the guys enough for all their hard work and organisation... had a great day despite the good humoured banter about the over-long and over-heavy 'canon' of a gun I brought along! Christ that was a monster to carry up the hill!

Really enjoyed meeting you all and look forward to the next outing.

Paddy's start of his dry stone wall campaign

;-) they do seem to be getting bigger!

I have just been through the pile of mail on my doormat and found a very generous cheque to H4H from Dustyman. Ian, you are going to have to attend one of these days.

I also tipped out the shakeytin this evening and found that some kind soul has put in two folded together fifty pound notes! Please come to the next MQC :-)

This brings the total to £259.63, so a big thank you to all for digging deep. I will make the total up to £300 from MQC funds and get both cheques off to them tomorrow.

I would like to extend my thanks to rup and the team that put together a cracking day , thanks lads !

also can i just say what a pleasure it was to meet a few of you in the flesh so to speak , there was some good craic had !

looking forward to the next one! (when i will be better prepared i hope!)

Archived