Remington Chassis Systems

maxxis35

Been looking at the MDT tac 21 system for a while now, I also like the XLR system, has anybody got one at all. Also I believe Remington themselves had a nice system at the shot show, any info gents.

I've got the MDT and I really like it. The ability to swap out stocks and take advantage of standard AR parts is really nice.

It seems well put together and the fit is very good. I do find that the quick release for the stock comes loose unless you give it a tap with a rubber mallet to tighten it up. The picatinny rail is well machined and has a built in 20moa which is nice. I've also added a Timney trigger which slots right in, in-place of the standard factory unit.

The finish is pretty tough, no dings yet and any scuffs seem to rub right out, no complaints so far.

20130408_212721_zps9ddaba99.jpg

20130408_212732_zpsb3e8a88c.jpg

Been looking at the MDT tac 21 system for a while now, I also like the XLR system, has anybody got one at all. Also I believe Remington themselves had a nice system at the shot show, any info gents.

The TAC 21 is a good looking stock - as is the XLR. You've also got the Dolphin and Third Eye Tactical. The Remmy metal stock looks superb but, will they ever be on sale over here? Depends whether you want a good-looking upgrade for a Remmy or a serious comp. gun. Target Shooter reviewed the TAC 21 last year.

Had a good look at some of the chasis systems available, the Third Eye system looks and feels the most 'finished' of the pack, nice options and good price - and British!

T

Had a good look at some of the chasis systems available, the Third Eye system looks and feels the most 'finished' of the pack, nice options and good price - and British!

T

I'd go with this,

I've seen the MDT and think the Third Eye one is way better

The Remington , is vapour ware , me Iwould get the AI PSR chassis stock , very much like the Rem , and you are much more likely to be actaully able to get/buy it some day , do a search for the AI PSR AICS stock so you can see for your self .

For ME , the PSR rear stock end is nice as it folds to the RH side , and as such is not hitting your body like a side folded stock on the LH side for a right handed shooter , some will also like the fact it locks & protects the bolt knob as well .

I would like a AI PSR chassis stock for my Rem700 in 300BLK , using the 10rd plastic mags for the 223 , that would me very nice .

Later Chris

Archived