shortages

abolter

Anyone else starting to see shortages in stuff?

I have been unable to get Hornady 204s, 7mm 162gr A max or Varget and H4831sc up here. Hannams not prepared to give a date for new arrivals from Hornady

Hi I am also in North Yorkshire I'm feeling the pinch primers Cannot find cci br 2's Anywhere, I No Hannams, Cranks But wear is Foxy's?.

If anyone uses RL15 and is having trouble getting supplies then Dauntsey Guns (Wiltshire) are expecting some in May.

Powder and primers are scarce here. A few pounds trickle in but they are rationed out and gone in an afternoon. I'm glad you can get some RL 15 by May. We are being offered no target date on RL 15 or Varget.... or any other powder for that matter.~Andrew

Powder and primers are scarce here. A few pounds trickle in but they are rationed out and gone in an afternoon. I'm glad you can get some RL 15 by May. We are being offered no target date on RL 15 or Varget.... or any other powder for that matter.~Andrew

Andrew,

That may be "may" with a lower case "m"- it's not unusual for promised deliveries to be somewhat optimistic about dates,and it's likely to be worse ,if the domestic market (you!) is in very short supply too.

The Hornet might become a much sought after item!

Gbal

Andrew, That may be "may" with a lower case "m"- it's not unusual for promised deliveries to be somewhat optimistic about dates,and it's likely to be worse ,if the domestic market (you!) is in very short supply too. The Hornet might become a much sought after item! Gbal

He,he! already is in my book and I has stocked up :D 12 grains a fill, if need arises I will even start casting old fashioned lead bullets ;)

True all of this about economical cartridges. I have a lot of Hornet-dedicated components for just that reason. Lately, I have been considering again casting some 55 grain bullets for my .222 Model 70. Previously I've done 2750 fps with MOA accuracy from this gun and hey! the prairiedogs didn't know it wasn't a jacketed bullet.~Andrew

On Topic: I was in the City today. Nobody had any powder of any consequence to rifle shooters. Nothing for primers, either, tho our local store has a reasonable stock of CCI BR-4's.

+ 1 on dauntsey guns , had a long conversation with em about the same BUT they did say if you want any thing from the forth coming delivery best to ring and preorder because that's what most people are doing . If you don't, you might find what stock they do get will be allocated to others and you will still be in the same situation . Just a heads up . I've already tagged some rel 15 and there may be others the same so best to be aware , cheers Ian

Anyone who isn,t stocking up now has already left it too late.

There will be nothing coming from the states for some considerable time. They will stock their own shelves first, and America is showing no signs of slowing down on its guns and components consumption. Its been like this since all those kids were shot. I guess those of us who shoot AR15s etc noticed it sooner, as all those guns and parts dissapeared first, closely followed by shotgun parts and ammunition/reloading consumables.

I got caught out last time on primers.

That wont ever happen again. ;)

If anyone uses RL15 and is having trouble getting supplies then Dauntsey Guns (Wiltshire) are expecting some in May.

Expecting and getting are two different things!

I just sold 25lbs of RL15 to a pal in Nottingham and he still has about 10lbs for sale

Expecting and getting are two different things!

I just sold 25lbs of RL15 to a pal in Nottingham and he still has about 10lbs for sale

Anyone who isn,t stocking up now has already left it too late.

There will be nothing coming from the states for some considerable time. They will stock their own shelves first, and America is showing no signs of slowing down on its guns and components consumption. Its been like this since all those kids were shot. I guess those of us who shoot AR15s etc noticed it sooner, as all those guns and parts dissapeared first, closely followed by shotgun parts and ammunition/reloading consumables.

I got caught out last time on primers.

That wont ever happen again. ;)

Absolutely correct.

Who didn't see this coming?

As I see it this is similar to the fuel shortages we had here. You have panic buying of whatever (powder bullets sugar fuel doesn't matter what) The supply chain production are set up for normal sales volume. Most companies have years of orders to work this out from. Add a war or two then set people off hoarding because they fear a ban or restriction to be imposed. And the supply chain can't cope. I can't see it getting any better soon.

As I have posted on another site, the 'panic' buying is over and has been since December. There haven't been any compnents to panic buy. I looked through four large stores last night, including a Cabelas, and there were no rifle powders at all. In central Montana where shooting is a mainstay, this is significant. Our small local shop carried a large overstock of goods so we actually made out better. Still have BR-4's and Winchester Rifle primers. Some pistol powders and some IMR 4007 powders. When i asked the owner when the next shipments of components were coming he shrugged and said, "Tomorrow? Next fall?? I have no clue."

Glad I am well stocked.~Andrew

Archived