Nosler Brass?

CZ Varminter

Very expensive. It's not made by Nosler. Several cartridges are definitely made by Norma, but I'm not certain that's always so. They do the initial preparation, inspection, length check / trim, mouth chamfer and batch them by weight. I got 100 204 Ruger direct from the USA when you could get stuff sent direct pre ITAR becoming ever more onerous. It was very good, but I also bought 100 Norma locally which was equally good and cheaper - and I can basic-prep 100 cases myself in an hour or less.

I've also got some 260 Rem I bought for comparison purposes maybe three, four years back before Lapua started making it. Edgar Brothers is the UK importer and I don't know how much of this make they hold and for what cartridges, but 260R was a special order job and took over 12 months to appear.

I understand that like everything else shooting-related in the US at the moment that Nosler brass is unavailable anywhere over there - so if Edgars hasn't got some sitting on the shelf, it'll be a long, long wait!

I'd recommend a) looking at Norma's website to see if they list what you're interested in, and if it's there and that's the quality you want, b contact Brian Fox (Fox Firearms UK). Brian regularly puts consolidated small Norma orders in to the importers RUAG, so can get nearly all of their range. The one real benefit that Nosler offer over other makers toi US shooters is .280 Rem AI, already fully formed - but as it's a Norma supply job, you can get them quicker and cheaper via Brian.

A couple of years ago I brought a few hundred 223 home from holiday in the US. Good consistent quality ,doing my bit my Blaser LRS2 regularly achieves groups in the .1's using Nosler brass ,Berger 52 gr match bullets and H4895.I don't enjoy case prepping at the best of times and this stuff is good enough as is.

I have just bought 100 25-06 Nosler cases from Reloading Solutions, eye wateringly expensive but it was that or Rem and Winchester. I suspect it is not Norma made as they do not offer 25-06 in either Brass nor loaded Ammo.

I like to buy the best components i possibly can particularly as they are going in a full custom gun. I suspect i have paid out for some weight sorted and prepped Hornady or Winchester Brass. Oh well, we will see how things perform.

Yorkie.

I got some for the 260 , almost as soon as it was released in the US, and very pleased with it, no matter who actually fabricated the cases.

I dare say that the Lapua equivalent is as good. but as I bought 200 in one go, I don't have any immediate need to look further.

• 2 weeks later...

hi CZ iv been using nosler custom since december 2012 (used lapua before) its nice quality and seems thinner than say lapua ! i bought lapua yesterday for fire forming ! one or two things i noticed when comparing the two makes was nosler when new (in 223) was very short at around 1725-1735..lapua is 1750 ! -what it should be ! Also measuring the loaded necks nosler was .246 lapua was .248/.249 , im now happy i went back to lapua as im going to venture to neck turning once its fireformed ! and its just that bit tighter in my 254 chamber ! i weighed them too and nosler was 3g lighter ! so prob higher presure with lap! also the flash hole were allready done on the nosler , but not the lapua , this time round with the lap im going to leave the flash hole as looking in to it theres no burrs and some BR shooters swear to leave em be ! atb .. tim ..

Archived