What would you recommend?

Hi

I'm thinking about having a rifle built for foxing, I already use a 22.250 but fancy trying something different.

Needs to be medium to longrange, any suggestions?

Cheers

Dac.

Hi

I'm thinking about having a rifle built for foxing, I already use a 22.250 but fancy trying something different.

Needs to be medium to longrange, any suggestions?

Cheers

Dac.

any good 6mm shooting 75-115gn bullets. - 6mmbr is a good foxing tool i had one for a while and realise i miss it.you get a good B.C with the 6mm.s -75gn vmax or blitz kings are very good sleeping pills for charley.

prepare for a long list of options.

Hi What sort of price is 6mmbr? I must admit I do like what I've read so far on the 6mm br. Cheers

depends on a lot of factors-custom-semi custom-factory.also how deep are your pockets?

google 6mmbr.com and read up on the cartridge there are a few 6mmbr for sale some of the gun plumbers that lurk on here are worth contacting for prices etc.

Hi Garyw

I'm going to go full custom, which I said I would never do again after the last job I had done( complete waste of money).

Had a brief chat with Baldie today......I have no doubt in my mind that he knows his stuff. Some good ideas and great advice.

Hi Garyw I'm going to go full custom, which I said I would never do again after the last job I had done( complete waste of money). Had a brief chat with Baldie today......I have no doubt in my mind that he knows his stuff. Some good ideas and great advice.

You won't go wrong in taking Baldies advice.... and his rifles!

Hi

I love the 22.250, I just fancy trying something new....plus I want a new toy:)

243 might be a option, but I like what I've been reading about the 6mm. Any advice is much appreciated tho.

I don't home load yet, so need to find out what's easy to get hold of.....ammo prices etc.

Thanks for the advice so far fellas.

why not stick with 22-250 and go with faster twist and shoot the heavier bullets

mines with baldie now having that exact treatment

Ian

What would a .22-250 with a fast twist barrel using 75/80 grain A-Max's barrel life expected to be? On paper it looks awesome but no good if you only get 1000 rounds out of a barrel, im just curious as I was looking at getting one but was put of when I heard about the barrel life, is it true?

Steve.

why not stick with 22-250 and go with faster twist and shoot the heavier bullets

mines with baldie now having that exact treatment

Ian

What would a .22-250 with a fast twist barrel using 75/80 grain A-Max's barrel life expected to be? On paper it looks awesome but no good if you only get 1000 rounds out of a barrel, im just curious as I was looking at getting one but was put of when I heard about the barrel life, is it true?

Steve.

Hi I love the 22.250, I just fancy trying something new....plus I want a new toy:) 243 might be a option, but I like what I've been reading about the 6mm. Any advice is much appreciated tho. I don't home load yet, so need to find out what's easy to get hold of.....ammo prices etc. Thanks for the advice so far fellas.

6.5x47 ? :)

I do a fair bit of fox control, I use a 6br and a 223 ackley. The 6br is mainly for when I'm sat out very good rifle for the longer shots. Now the 223 ackley is a great tool 1/12 twist border barrel shooting a 40gr nozler at 3960fps perfect for lamping very little drop. Nice little varmint gun out to 450 yards no problem ;)

My favourite long range varmint rifle is my .243. With a 1:10 twist will shoot everything from 58gr vmax to 90gr scenars which I've shot regularly at 1000 yards (targets I might add...). One of my pet loads is 37gr RE15 with 87 grain vmax, works brilliantly. Overall very versitle, good rifle selection, and plenty of quality brass and bullet options.

i think the 20 cals will take some beating if we are talking just truck lamping gun cheap to run only 23grns powder fast 3550 40grn bullet good up to 400 yrds and further if you want but lets not forget at night you only need 300yrds at most if you are shooting long range varmint shooting daytime then yes there are better cal out there the good thing with the 20s is no recoil watch your target drop through your scope follow up with second shot if needed but i tell you with the 40grn v-max you wont need second shot with the 20s so accurate just my findings thanks

20s are an ideal fox caliber. Under 250 yards not a whole lot of difference between Tac20/204 and 22.250. For me its about doing the same job with less.

A

Archived