New .308 Tikka T3

Hi Rob try Sierra 308 125grn Spitzer 2120 i used TR140 47grn seated at 2775 very accurate in a remy i had dont need to tell you work your way up to this load safe in my rifle but as you know use caution good deer load shot fallow and roe with this load ATB Barry.

I,ve not got a Tikka but in my 24" Bordered RPA I use the same fairly mild load,,,44/140 for 155 Amax [hunting] and 155 Scenars for pure accuracy. Both pretty much same point of aim at 100 and 200,,,,not tested for side by side for point of aim further out than this.

I have tried to tweek the Amax up to the scenar accuracy but not quite there in my rifle.Scenar is stonking accurate but quite a bit more expensive .

43.5grn of Varget,155 Amax 2.215" to ogive, Lapua brass and CCI200 Primers. Mildish load that's good for deer and shoots .3"-.5" out of any .308 I've tried with it, including 3 remingtons, 2 Tikka T3 Lites and a custom Remmy with a LW barrel on it.

Mike

44gn of n140 and any 150gn bullet seems to work, slow but sure....

Alternatively 49gn h4895 and a 125 ballistic tip..good fallow stopper (brutal on roe)

always found 46gr N140 behind any 150/155 gr bullet with a 10thou jump works really well with velocity around 2850 2900 fps

it is howerer getting towards the hot end of loading so usual caution replicating this load

Ian

Also consider TPS (from Brownells)

They are excellent - ive got em on most of my rifles - come in ally and steel

Wow Wow Wow !!! - Well the after adding its new mod and taking it to the range, I can only say well done Tikka.

photo-5-2_zpsba4ebf0a.jpg

Having shot in the barrel with 20 rds its now clover leaf grouping at 100 with 1/4 MOA - right out the box with 155 SMK & 46 gr Vit 140.

I'm suitably impressed.

Well done there Rob :) sure got yourself a good one!! Lets ope we get the chance to put it side to side with mine ;)

Best wishes,

Finman

Archived