Lee auto prime

Tuck

Hi all looking for a bit of help! Lee auto prime old version round tray. Are there two types of pins for small primers and large?? If so has anyone got a small pin they would like to sell!

Many thanks Rob

Hi all looking for a bit of help! Lee auto prime old version round tray. Are there two types of pins for small primers and large?? If so has anyone got a small pin they would like to sell!

Many thanks Rob

There are two primer different trays, if I remember correctly. One large and one small.~Andrew

Thanks Andrew will the tool work with small primers with the large tray?? And larger pin as I can't find the rest of my bits and pieces

Rob

ROB- i broke a lee primer tool a few months, ago i cobbled one together for large primers from 2 others that are in bits that i

bought 2nd hand- the large pin works with the small tray -to be honest for the price they are a new one wouldnt break the piggy bank.

Thanks Andrew will the tool work with small primers with the large tray?? And larger pin as I can't find the rest of my bits and pieces

Rob

simple answer no you'll damage the primers if not properly lined up worse case scenario is the primer crushed and exploding then setting of the rest in the tray. Lee have change the primer tool to make loading primers easier and stop chain detonation if you live in the states they were swaping old for new if you sent yours in. however I do have the bits should be able to sort something out I doubt I'll use them I'm to tight to buy Lapua and don't load any small primer stuff (always got the press mounted one anyway)

Archived