If anybody doubts the decision to cancel The Diggle comp..........

Gary C

This is the closest to the range we could get, you can see the top of the stone walls and top of the gates just poking out, drifts up to 10ft in places, walking impossible due to the snow spray.

See next post for our solution with what do do when a comp is cancelled!post-11459-0-14523200-1364150522_thumb.jpg

it was cancelled and a good call i say , it was good to see the freindly network was working well to let each other know friday am

Was watching the "diggle" thread with interest as it is awfull where I am too, not a million miles away from Diggle - 5 1/2 hours on teleporter today and we are still snowed in, bigger tractors coming tomorrow - but it's still blowing like made and drifting, not good!

Gary

Is that picture taken just after the houses (after the Diggle hotel) looking towards the range?

That is a serious amount of snow, going to take a while to get rid of all of that.

Cheers

Bruce

I have just returned home after a social weekend with Gary C, Les Holgate, Pete Walker and Stuart Anselm (and respective spouses) down in Delph near Diggle.

Gary managed to get his 4x4 up to the Sunfield b and b. I managed to get my car to the Diggle hotel but no further and walked up to meet them but slipped on ice and came a cropper. It was blizzard conditions after the Diggle hotel and lethal.

I will leave it to Gary to explain what Les Holgate got up to!!!!!!

I'm still snowed-in. Should be out by Tuesday - need food!

Is the snow that bad over there we havent got any left hear now and only had about 3" but got alot of 3ft driffs

Is the snow that bad over there we havent got any left hear now and only had about 3" but got alot of 3ft driffs

On Saturday evening I came off at Junction 22 on the M62 and could not get up the road to Denshaw because of a stuck lorry on the snow/ice and the police had blocked the road due to that incident. I got back onto the M62 and left it at J21. I tried to get over the hill via 2 different routes but had to turn back because of 4x4s that could not get up. Made my way towards Oldham on a B road and got to Delph via the A road.

On Sunday mid morning we tried to get to the range but the sheer amount of snow that had drifted after the Diggle Hotel, it looked as though it was the north pole and with a very strong wind, it was not passable even with a tractor with a snowplough on it. I hope those at the rangehouse have enough food! I would say that around Diggle/Denshaw/Uppermill all the main roads are ok and no problems. It is just backroads/side streets or the roads over the hills that were problematic.

I left Delph to come back home at 4pm on Sunday and tried to get from Denshaw up the hill to junction 22, but the road was closed and a snowplough was busy at work trying to clear it.

So I took the Milnrow road up over the hill which was clear to get to junction 21 without any problem.

While reading the above, I kept hearing the tune to "Holding out for a Hero".....should be your new theme tune Les!

That's funny Des, I was thinking of 'Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler' :D. That is the theme tune from Dads Army for the younger readers.

Appreciated - but Willie Dixon came by in his new 4 x4 with some hot X buns!

i bet you get a bill in the post ;)

i take it this weekends shoots will be subject to a pitch inspection?

Archived