Fox attacks 4 week baby!

shooter79

''An RSPCA spokeswoman said the only reason a fox would attack is due to fear.''

What was a terrified fox doing walking into someones house.....must have been really scared ! :angry:

Hmmm...but I don't think the baby specifically asked for one for Xmas...nor perhaps these parents...I don't want anyone bitten by wild animals,including 'domestic' dogs,but certainly not the innocent.It still leaves the issue of what to do about urbanised opportunist foxes,but it might give the fuzzier nature lovers pause for thought,I agree.

george

''An RSPCA spokeswoman said the only reason a fox would attack is due to fear.''

What was a terrified fox doing walking into someones house.....must have been really scared ! :angry:

Maybe it heard that someone a couple of streets away has just got a Swift with a new barrel....

What is more worrying is that someone might actually use a fiream...we can't have innocent babies harmed,but there has to be another way...

george

We have let the looney left and liberal minded bunny huggers have there way too long, this is a long overdue wake up call.

OK,best keep politics out of it.

How about Boris on his bike in Bromley with a Velo Dog pistol?

george

Yes,

With some people it takes drastic events to make them see the light. I work in Coventry, a city full of bunny hugging left wing loonies, they genuinely believe that foxes should be allowed to live thrive and multiply in our cities as they wish. It will take drastic events to make them see the light. Quite frankly I am fed up of trying to make thick and stupid people see sense. Hopefully when a few more of these attacks occur the penny will drop !!!

I guess you don't have children then.

Yes,

With some people it takes drastic events to make them see the light. I work in Coventry, a city full of bunny hugging left wing loonies, they genuinely believe that foxes should be allowed to live thrive and multiply in our cities as they wish. It will take drastic events to make them see the light. Quite frankly I am fed up of trying to make thick and stupid people see sense. Hopefully when a few more of these attacks occur the penny will drop !!!

I'll let you rest on your Laurels

Hellish sad for parents of the child.

Looks like more fox's will be dumped in the countryside on the back of this.

Couldn't agree more,

and the worst thing is the folk doing the trapping/releasing will be making a small fortune charging plenty to get rid of town foxes. Any trapped fox should be humanly dispatched and not dumped to become someone else problem.

Couldn't agree more, and the worst thing is the folk doing the trapping/releasing will be making a small fortune charging plenty to get rid of town foxes. Any trapped fox should be humanly dispatched and not dumped to become someone else problem.

Well said, them so call trappers obviously dont realise how much time and money go in to making plenty of bullets to keep shooting them ;) . Feel real sorry for the child and parents but lets hope its a wake up this time to do something about it, before a baby ends up getting killed :angry:

Some folks really need to take a step back before posting stupid comments :mad:

;) And believing that a fox would attack a child in its own home!

unless i actually saw this happen-well i wouldnt would i- then dont take all this B.S in. if we all knew about fox behaviour and habits then we would not give this a second glance.i for one think any one who has commented on this on this forum and there has been some really mind numbing posts-should take a step back -breath deeply-count to 10000-and get on with something more suited to your day off.

hang on there is a fox knocking on my door!

;) And believing that a fox would attack a child in its own home!

unless i actually saw this happen-well i wouldnt would i- then dont take all this B.S in. if we all knew about fox behaviour and habits then we would not give this a second glance.i for one think any one who has commented on this on this forum and there has been some really mind numbing posts-should take a step back -breath deeply-count to 10000-and get on with something more suited to your day off.

hang on there is a fox knocking on my door!

Missed the full topic Gaz, not really worth going into..........

Having been involved in the recovery of a human cadaver that had been dined on by both domestic and wild animals nothing would surprise me any more. Successful animals are by their very nature opportunistic feeders.

Having said that I do not think these attacks will change the disney mindset the majority of the British people suffer from. I have always thought it would have to be something that has the potential to affect everyone: a major rabies outbreak such as occurred in Hong Kong in 1980 before attitudes change.

Having been involved in the recovery of a human cadaver that had been dined on by both domestic and wild animals nothing would surprise me any more. Successful animals are by their very nature opportunistic feeders.

Having said that I do not think these attacks will change the disney mindset the majority of the British people suffer from. I have always thought it would have to be something that has the potential to affect everyone: a major rabies outbreak such as occurred in Hong Kong in 1980 before attitudes change.

The human mind can be an interesting opportunist too-it can be changed,but not always clearly for the better(whatever that is!),or even predictably. Such an outbreak might eg just harden views about the EEC-or more -and less- accurately

" europe/foreign places'' hurting our dogs etc!

What change in attitudes did the Hong Kong rabies epidemic result in,as a matter of interest-I know HK is different,anyhow...

There are of course other factors-I don't expect to see Frozen Fox Fingers on sale anytime soon,but only partly bexcause Oscar Wilde was,at least,half right.. ..."...in pursuit of the uneatable." I do have a soft spot for some of the 'Bad Taste Bears',though.

george

Hi George, the outbreak in HK was interesting primarily because of the Governments reaction. After the first child died there was a cull on feral dogs and cats. This was followed by the mass killing of all the domestic dogs withing the restricted area along the border. Most of the Chinese that we dealt with were Ok with the whole thing, mind you they have a slightly different approach to animals anyway.

Many folks in the UK have a rather unusual if anthropomorphic attitude towards animals. Take for example the gray seal. A picture of a seal will, because of its rather large eyes appeal to many yet who would believe of someone getting attacked and bitten by one? Yet I have seen that happen on several occasions. As I have mentioned, I do not think these attacks will change anyone’s mind regarding fox control. If however people were in real danger of losing their beloved cats of dogs due to a major outbreak of rabies I get the feeling attitudes might change some.

Hi George, the outbreak in HK was interesting primarily because of the Governments reaction. After the first child died there was a cull on feral dogs and cats. This was followed by the mass killing of all the domestic dogs withing the restricted area along the border. Most of the Chinese that we dealt with were Ok with the whole thing, mind you they have a slightly different approach to animals anyway.

Many folks in the UK have a rather unusual if anthropomorphic attitude towards animals. Take for example the gray seal. A picture of a seal will, because of its rather large eyes appeal to many yet who would believe of someone getting attacked and bitten by one? Yet I have seen that happen on several occasions. As I have mentioned, I do not think these attacks will change anyone’s mind regarding fox control. If however people were in real danger of losing their beloved cats of dogs due to a major outbreak of rabies I get the feeling attitudes might change some.

Thanks for this-attitudes are complex-see the 'horse' meat issue here,which seems reasonable balanced-more a 'labelling' issue than abhorence so far .When I was in that profession (academic psychology),an international expert on moral development in children told me his experience with his young child who wanted to be a vegetarian,and was allowed to be.One night,after watching a program on the Innuits shooting seals for food (no Tescos,etc he explained to the child,who replied after a short pause, that there was after all one kind of meat that he would eat........"Eskimoes."

To keep this kosher,I believe they were using factory ammo in 222s,

george

Archived