The beast has arrived !

shooter79

Looks good!

This Accustack made the lines of my AE MkIII look much cleaner.

Er........is the one piece scope mount on the right way?? :unsure: I only ask because the AI mount had the fixing screws on the other side (quite important if the mount has an 18 MoA incline!) :ph34r:

Edited because of mongness! :blush:

Mick

Your link isn't working!

The Spuhr mount is on the correct way you can tell because these have a cant bubble built into the rear. This mount has 20 MOA / 6 mils built in as well.

Carl

Looks good!

I found these Accustack made the lines of my AE MkIII look much cleaner.

Er........is the one piece scope mount on the right way?? :unsure: I only ask because the AI mount had the fixing screws on the other side (quite important if the mount has an 18 MoA incline!) :ph34r:

I think it will be to small but some thing for Spuhr to work on. I can see me looking at a side mounted cant bubble which is aligned to my eye correctly.

Carl, I would be interested to know how you get on with the cant bubble on the back of the mount.

Hello Paul, yeah lots of research this year and the final product is ready to go. Should be able to put her through her paces on the 20th, you coming up the range? Need to gat a way for Roger to see that rifle, his calendar is busy every day this month, are you up this way any time soon?

Carl, its beautiful!

Looking forward to seeing it hopefully before Xmas!

Hope your well mate.

Paul.

Hello Paul, yeah lots of research this year and the final product is ready to go. Should be able to put her through her paces on the 20th, you coming up the range? Need to gat a way for Roger to see that rifle, his calendar is busy every day this month, are you up this way any time soon?

Looking very nice there indeed... I look forward to seeing it in action on the 20th. Paul is booked as well, so there will be a healthy bit of competition between the Finnish and English rifle contingents.

• 3 months later...

Google found this link as I was looking for information on the Sphur mount, so I registered to come have a look. Nice Rifle!

I have very similar, although my AI AE is a Mk2.

There is a difference between the Mk2 and Mk3 in terms of the picatinny that AE chose.

On the Mk2 the standard picatinny is not continously slotted, and as such, wont accept the 4601 Spuhr mount. The 'low' Spuhr such as the 4601 has screws which use picatinny slots to go through.

So for a Mk2, you need to use the 4602 Spuhr in which the screws are higher and dont go via the picatinny.

The difference is with the Mk2, the lowest mounting utilizing the OEM picatinny is from action to centre of scope, 1.6"

With the Mk3, such as your rifle, due to the better rail, you can mount as low as 1.32"

With the Mk2, you can purchase a Ken Farrell 20MOA base and use the Spuhr separate rings, giving you a centreline height of 1.420" or with the ISMS 4001, 1.6".

So long story short, the AE Mk3 allows a considerably lower scope mounting height than the Mk2 when using the Spuhr ISMS.

Accuracy International seem to be making some 'interesting' decisions, we got a better picatinny rail with the Mk3, but no ability to attach a monopod unless you dremel your stock.

Going back to the legacy stocksides on the Mk2 gives us the ability to attach a monopod but you have to have the hubble telescope mounting rings.

How do you like the Accushot/B&T bipod? I personally will never go back to Harris.

Accuracy International seem to be making some 'interesting' decisions, we got a better picatinny rail with the Mk3, but no ability to attach a monopod unless you dremel your stock.

I may have misunderstood this; I bought an AE MkIII 15 months ago and have fitted a monopod (back & front) without the need to alter the stock in anyway.

Have AI changed the specification of the stock in the recent past?

Archived