A Sad Week

223magic

I had sad news this week, my best friend Tony King aged 46 committed suicide, he shot himself with his shot gun. We spent many enjoyable nights traipsing the Herefordshire and Welsh countryside after Mr Fox, he was a top rifle shot and one of the best I have ever seen taking them on the run with his .223.

We enjoyed a day on the pheasants last Saturday, he gave me his day as a gift and as usual he took loads of photos of me missing and generally took the piss, as friends do. We had planned a duck flight tonight, then foxing. He was one of the best shotgun shots I have ever shot with, a current member of the Welsh sporting clays shooting team.

I can’t face even looking at my guns at present! But when I do the next Charlie will be in his memory.

So sad to lose a fellow sportsman.

SORRY- for your and his familys loss-its good to know he had good times in sport-

tragic that he took his life with one of the things that gave him pleasure.

in sport-gary

Sorry to hear about your loss Mike even though i did'nt know him it is always sad to hear something like that but just think of the good times you had with him it may just help a little.

I had sad news this week, my best friend Tony King aged 46 committed suicide, he shot himself with his shot gun. We spent many enjoyable nights traipsing the Herefordshire and Welsh countryside after Mr Fox, he was a top rifle shot and one of the best I have ever seen taking them on the run with his .223.

We enjoyed a day on the pheasants last Saturday, he gave me his day as a gift and as usual he took loads of photos of me missing and generally took the piss, as friends do. We had planned a duck flight tonight, then foxing. He was one of the best shotgun shots I have ever shot with, a current member of the Welsh sporting clays shooting team.

I can’t face even looking at my guns at present! But when I do the next Charlie will be in his memory.

So sad to lose a fellow sportsman.

Thank you all, lets close on your thought full comments thank you again...........

Very sad news. I lost one of my good frinds and shooting pal this year to cancer. Obviously differnt circumstances but also hard to deal with. I think about him every time I pick up my shotgun, had some cracking days on Pigeons with him, the best shot ive ever had the pleasure to watch in action. Sorry for your loss.

Just found out what Tony King you are talking about. Tony was one of our customers and a top bloke. He will be sorely missed, His brother Steve must be devastated i know how close they were. Tough times all those involved.

ATB SEAN

Archived