Home built BR stuff!

Hi all , I make most everything i use for my 1000yd Bench guns in my shed at home here in northern Australia , not for sale to others ,just for me .. Brings a lot of satisfaction when you get to compete with your own home built equipment, especially if you get a win now and then .. Anyhoo i thought i'd show you a Heavy Gun front rest i made recently , made from scrap metal so it cost about $50 and some time..JR.. Jeff Rogers

post-11627-0-24683100-1350453212_thumb.jpg

Hi Chris , No , Not a pilot ,just an old retired race car mechanic and constructor .. Yes the guns are getting so big now in H/G (mines 29kg) that i wanted to bring the controls back under the gun so employed a remote cable for windage coupled with a home made speedscrew situated back closer to the trigger.. Works pretty good ,even sewed up the bag to suit my home design stock.. All good fun..JR.. Jeff Rogers

Geez Jeff, looks like ya need a pilot's licence to drive that beast.

I guess your little outrigger thumbwheel controls the windage?

Chris-NZ

Nice work. I love to see homemade kit especially when the standard is that high.

I started making one myself earlier this year but soon realised it was beyond my skilz. I asked David off here to make one in the end. He makes some cool kit in his shed too.

Hi Dan, The quote you used is popular i think about 2500klms south of me in Sydney, my area would be closer to *bloody ripper* i think.. Still lots of fun makin your own stuff.. Here's a pic of my case/ bullet gauge i built recently.. I enjoy sharing ideas also ,if i can help others then i'm a happy little Vegemite..JR..Jeff Rogers

That's pretty impressive.

Or to paraphrase your local dialect, "it's f***ing grouse"

post-11627-0-38514600-1350474528_thumb.jpg

Hi Dan, The quote you used is popular i think about 2500klms south of me in Sydney, my area would be closer to *bloody ripper* i think.. Still lots of fun makin your own stuff.. Here's a pic of my case/ bullet gauge i built recently.. I enjoy sharing ideas also ,if i can help others then i'm a happy little Vegemite..JR..Jeff Rogers

That looks really great work - I like the idea of making your own shooting kit.

Here's a couple of my efforts:

th_comparator.jpgth_Tumblerwith6hrtimer1985.jpgth_Webcamborescope2008.jpg

Borescope video

Hi 1066.. Good looking stuff you got there and a good bit cheaper than some of the commercial kit available i'll bet ,thanks for sharing..JR.. Jeff Rogers

Thanks Jeff:) The homemade borescope cost about £50 altogether including the webcam. The comparator cost around £15 with an ebay dial and a bit of a marble floor tile. The tumbler I made in my pistol shooting days, infact I made about 40 of them at the time, made from surplus motors and 6hr clockwork cooker timers.

Here's a rear bag I made for my Savage rifle.

th_Bisley.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Great, thanks for that. Making the tube and mirror would be ok but I'd struggle with the camera part or is that pretty straight forward?

No real problem with the camera bit - no soldering or modifying the circuit board is required. I just took the casing off the camera unscrewed the lens and after holding up to the viewer to see about how long the spacer needed to be then just globbed it together with hot glue.

There is a little microbutton with about an inch of lead on this particular camera that you can press to take still shots, also a microphone if you want to take notes about what you are viewing.

Archived