just a quick one to say thanks to all at the fly shoot ,i had a cracking day and was made to feel very welcome.did not get chance to meet as many as i would have liked but thats the way it goes.i was happy with how i shot for my first try and i'm looking forward to planning my next outing.even bauldie managed to hit the paper with most of his shots wich was nice.the gods shined on the righteous and rained on the bald ugly ones :lol:

thanks again for a great day

You will have likely met a few more members than you thought. Today was the biggest turnout I have ever seen at Diggle except for the Fclass nationals and since forum members have a real name and a forum name, you often find out later `who` it was you met. I once met Brown Dog and talked to him for 5 minutes but had no idea I was talking to `brown dog` until i saw a photo later in the day on the forum.

You will have likely met a few more members than you thought. Today was the biggest turnout I have ever seen at Diggle except for the Fclass nationals and since forum members have a real name and a forum name, you often find out later `who` it was you met. I once met Brown Dog and talked to him for 5 minutes but had no idea I was talking to `brown dog` until i saw a photo later in the day on the forum.

ahh but i'm sady the biggest retard ever when it comes to remembering names,its not that i don't totally respect people but in my head its the two bald gay chaps from derby the tight fisted yorkshire man the lovely bloke that gave me a pair of ear defenders and that chap that made me feel so welcome. :lol: there is a reason i'm a tree surgeon.

had a great day thanks Vince great turnout met a few members myself Oaken,Ronin, thanks for your help with bolt Foxing to-night,Ballistic Hampster two great chaps Gary w Gary s Dan 534 just to name a few

sorry i did not meet you next time we need ukv badges.

What a damn good idea...... I too am crap with names.

Nice to meet those that I did, when the 2 Chris's and I were released from captivity (aka measuring and scoring) :rolleyes:

I great day appeared to be had by all, well done Vince for running a great shoot as ever.

Cheers

Bruce

ahh but i'm sady the biggest retard ever when it comes to remembering names,its not that i don't totally respect people but in my head its the two bald gay chaps from derby the tight fisted yorkshire man the lovely bloke that gave me a pair of ear defenders and that chap that made me feel so welcome. :lol: there is a reason i'm a tree surgeon.

The above statement just about covers everyone that was there!

yes it was a good day-except the usual diggle rain storm. a big round of applause to VINCE[gun pimp] for getting the show on the road im sure he was chuffed with the turn out.

thanks to BRUCE-CHRIS for scoring,and all those that acted as RO.s a good day out .

The elusive fly....maybe I'll get it next time. :-)

I was Diggle virgin today. Just got home after a 4 hour drive but it was certainly worth it. A friendlier bunch of pisstakers couldn't be found anywhere!

Thank you all for a great day, a warm welcome and a chance to put some faces to familiar names

Rup

Thanks to all. The fly eluded me yet again, it really doesn't like me but had a laugh and at least I know my waterproofs work.

Of to the desert for a while shortly so that's me not shooting for a while so see everyone next year.

Regards.

Dan.

Thanks to all who turned out today for the Fly Shoot - the biggest turn-out I can remember at Diggle for any competition. Many of you traveled a long way - your support is appreciated.

A special thanks to those who - as always - willingly offered their help with scoring, RO duties and of course butts.

We have plenty of pics and hope to get a write-up and results in the next issue of Target Shooter.

Vince

Thanks to Vince and Chris and Chris for the scoring, and the butts crew. Everyone did a sterling job, and the day ran like clockwork, especially with such a high turnout. :)

First time out for my new .284, and i was just out of the prizes by one point [i think ] :lol:

Good test of its load, which looks very promising, and the fly got his....twice. :lol:

Its a great, fun comp, and i can only echo what a lot of people said....can we have it twice a year please Vince ? :)

i second that Dave twice a year would be good but would the turn out be the same? i shot my newly purchased AI AE MK111 IN 308 which i bought from Rob (Long Range Captain)also shot the comp with a new sound mod on for first time from Colin (onelesscharlie)had a brilliant result got my fly patch,1st in factory class i think smallest group in factory 2.1 inch and fourth or fifth overall good results all round for AI in factory Glen (ballistic Hampster) 3rd AI mk2 6.5x47 2nd Darrel Evens AI AW 6.5x47 good day had by all even though we did get wet through

Had an excellent day, realized that the barrel on the BAT is now shot averaging MOA...

Time for rebarrel,,,now :lol:

Fly eluded me, first time for a while.

Had good craich again, there were many many UKV members present - well done lads!

Thanks to Vince for arranging, second Daves thoughts on 2 comps a year.

Vince

Can we get 2 Fly shoots a year please..... As a fly shoot virgin this was brilliant, I should have come before now.

I will happily help with the scoring again if it helps...... so long as I can have a free packet of paracetemol to help the brain drain :rolleyes:

Cheers

Bruce

Fantastic turn out,,

The comp run like clock work thanks to Vince and all the people that helped to run it,,,

Really nice to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones,,,

Well-done to Wee John, he came all the way from Scotland and get his first fly patch, well done mate ;),

A lot of lads came from far and wide???. well-done to you all and i hope that you all had a day to remember :D ,

Vince, I think that it would be a good idea to run two a year??????

Well done Barry, Glen,myself and all the others that managed to get that bloody fly :wacko: :wacko:

Good day, good friends, good shooting,

See you all next year,,,,,,

All the best from Wales, Darrel ;)

Guys - I'd love to run two Fly Shoots per year but, with over 300 shooting-mad members, the Diggle comp. calendar is full to bursting!

What about another club giving it a go? I'd be happy to supply a sample target - any printer will run them off and i can give you the address of our fly patch supplier.

It's an easy comp. to run - if you have some dedicated scorers to help!

Vince

Archived